buffalos and a shield...wheres the silver?

K-town Joe

4 buffalos and a shield with rays,plus plenty of wheats I didn't post..all from an old girls school I've been huntimg this week...my question is where's the silver,lol

Attachments

• IMG_20141102_093922_157.jpg
    IMG_20141102_093922_157.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 174
I know its there,its deep though,my at pro is just barely picking up these nickels...I think next year I'm gonna try to upgrade to a minelab 30 30...maybe get some more depth.

just a note for you Joe .....
I was having yor exact thoughts the end of last year ....My ATP found me 30 silvers, mostly from one property. over the winter I kept watching the youtube videos seeing people pulling coins from 10 or 12 inches deep, and thought thats why I can't find more silver, I need more depth. (Even though my ATP had found me a few coins at 10 inches).
So, I did get the CTX this year and I have found a few more silvers, and yes it is my preferable machine, and since my GF lost her job I really wonder why the heck I spend "car" money on a hobby toy!!! The AT Pro is a very capable machine, it proved its self to me last year, and you can take a look at my album to see last years finds. I've done a lot better this year, but I've spent ungodly more hours out there digging too.....
A month ago my friend (ATP) found a walking half from an area I thought I had covered with my CTX. Last week, another hunt guy with ATP digs a signal I just passed up on, it was a merc. anyway , just sayin....its an expensive toy. I've had 4 detectors inside the last two years. I rate the ATP a 7, the CTX an 8 or 9. A strong suggestion to someone thinking about CTX would be have a serious look at ETRAC. I sold my ETRAC a bit prematurely I'd say. My friend who is using it now has 73 silvers with it since this spring!
Hes picked off many silvers from spots I just walked over, and I've seen him dig some 11 inch targets!!! ETRAC is the exact same machine as mine, minus watertight box and gps which I've used once.
Just food for thought.

Your friends e-trac isnt doing anything your ctx wont.You have a few more options that change the VDI on the ctx.This has caused a problem for alot of Guys.Groundcoin,ferrouscoin,ect change the vdi.Find the setup that you like and stick with it.Also you can do a side by side with the etrac and set it up so its reading the same.This helped me when I first switched over.The atp is an awesome machine.I bought one for my son and enjoy using it myself in the creeks.My ctx leaked 1st time in the water....The atp is bullet proof. HH Jim T

I forgot to say what my first thought was about your finds,
Most guys are goin out there just lookin for the high tones and pickin off all the silver...they don't care about the pennies and nickels.......and also, Nickel signals are too close to pull tab signals, so it gets old diggin trash for the occasional nickel , few of which are in decent shape and even fewer are worth anything.....

That's true good point..I always nickel pull tab signals.
Not for nickels..for gold rings..and its paid off many times..and who knows if that trash signal is a gold coin

Not saying this is your situation but lately I have been digging those choppy steel cap signals , them steel wire and other stuff usually discriminated out and finding adjacent targets that were masked by junk targets, something to consider.
Congrats on the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom