'63 Rosie makes my day

predrunner

Forum Supporter
Well I am getting close to wrapping up my first full season as a detectorist because the ground is getting close to freezing up on me. Today on lunch break I went to a park that is from the 30's but has been pounded hard over the years by mders. I was only expecting clad and hoping for jewelry. I really want to hit the $600 mark fty so clad was fine for me. I only had 30 minutes and was hoping for at least one dollar. Well my second signal was a little iffy and bouncing between 76-82. When I popped out the plug I saw the silver dime staring at me about 4 inches into the plug. When I rescanned the plug there was a zincoln about 2 inches above where the Rosie was. This created the weird signal.

This is just my first year and I have yet to dig a Barber or seated coin but I sure hope once I do find one I still get the thrill like I did today off of a barely silver like the '63 Rosie.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• buchner.jpg
    buchner.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 91
  • buchnercloseup.jpg
    buchnercloseup.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 97
Nice rosie! For a pounded park that sure is a lot of clad for a lunch hour!

.....but then you mid westerners have the population to help repopulate the ground. :D

Nice rosie! For a pounded park that sure is a lot of clad for a lunch hour!

.....but then you mid westerners have the population to help repopulate the ground. :D

This park is the busiest park in my area. There is a swimming pool here so in the summer it is elbow to elbow with people so it reseeds itself real nice.

lone silver. i too found a lone 1951 Rosie this afternoon man I could almost feel Winter and the snow. nice hunt!

Back
Top Bottom