Don't hate us East Coast guys...

Can't imagine what it would be like to dig that up. Sweet find!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yesterday I hit a permission with a few friends that has produced a bunch of mostly 1930s-1950s silver with a few Indian Head pennies and the oldest thing being a 1901 Barber Dime.

We have picked it pretty clean and good signals are hard to come by but after about 3 hours I dug a 29' Merc so I wasn't skunked at least.

Then later I got a very clear, repeatable signal that rang up like a dime and sounded silver on my machine. I dug a 5" plug and scanned the plug but it wasn't there. The pinpointer found nothing in the hole so I pulled out another shovel full and when I dumped the dirt on the side of the hole I saw the back of this looking at me.

We've dug nothing pre 1900 so what was this doing there?

Then again, living in a town founded in 1642 helps.

Waiting for someone to reclaim it.... Nice find there!

As much as I hate to admit it, you east coast guys have it over us when it comes to the really old stuff. Maybe we can trade some of our outstanding weather for some of your old stuff. :lol:

Deal! We've got our 4th Nor'Easter bring snow in three weeks tomorrow :mad:

Yesterday I hit a permission with a few friends that has produced a bunch of mostly 1930s-1950s silver with a few Indian Head pennies and the oldest thing being a 1901 Barber Dime.

We have picked it pretty clean and good signals are hard to come by but after about 3 hours I dug a 29' Merc so I wasn't skunked at least.

Then later I got a very clear, repeatable signal that rang up like a dime and sounded silver on my machine. I dug a 5" plug and scanned the plug but it wasn't there. The pinpointer found nothing in the hole so I pulled out another shovel full and when I dumped the dirt on the side of the hole I saw the back of this looking at me.

We've dug nothing pre 1900 so what was this doing there?

Then again, living in a town founded in 1642 helps.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing like having a good day turn into a GREAT day !!:D Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time. Hard not to be envious, even being on the east coast. Also, in great shape for one that old. There might be more where that came from. Happy hunting !!!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom