Hunt at a house built in 1740 nets a IHP and two wheaties

Looks to be a very nice permission Vic. I think you still have a lot of ground their to cover. Congrats on the Indian and all those Relics. Trapper

the copper spikes were used to kill trees, or so it was believed to do so... most studies show it does not but they are found in old trees. is it brass or copper?

cool finds.

What ? An east coast guy posting coins that are later than 1900 ? We're bored ! :laughing: Just kidding. Love the green patina on the IH. And I have to gag at the "house built in 1740" title. Because here in CA: Our utmost oldest European toe-holds were till the 1770s and later. And ... more realistically (where you could actually lower the coil and get into): Post 1800.

I guess our only consolation is: The key date better S mints. And for some reason, gold coins turn up more often over here :cool:

nice place to hunt! Im sure there is more to be found, gl

Ty
What ? An east coast guy posting coins that are later than 1900 ? We're bored ! :laughing: Just kidding. Love the green patina on the IH. And I have to gag at the "house built in 1740" title. Because here in CA: Our utmost oldest European toe-holds were till the 1770s and later. And ... more realistically (where you could actually lower the coil and get into): Post 1800.

I guess our only consolation is: The key date better S mints. And for some reason, gold coins turn up more often over here [emoji41]

I don’t find the old old coins mainly barber and up here. I live in a area that wasn’t heavily populated in the 1700’s. Plus the people that were here were poor as dirt. Not like Maryland ohio and pa etc where there was a !!!! load of people and money. I can’t just walk out in a field and find 36 coppers and reales

Nice finds! Love that Compact!

Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom