Cut Spanish 8 Reale

I would wager a bet,, in the site where you found the Spanish cut silver,,, a trading post or something similar was at or near.

The ones I found,, they too found in one general area. And I know for a fact,, a store or trading post was close to where I discovered mine.

Was there a lot of iron or nails in or near where you found yours???

Yes it is full of nails here, but this is the site that has produced the most buttons... around 75 of the 225-plus buttons have come from this one. There was a known post closer to the river but it is on low ground and river flooding has pushed everything really deep.

Yes it is full of nails here, but this is the site that has produced the most buttons... around 75 of the 225-plus buttons have come from this one. There was a known post closer to the river but it is on low ground and river flooding has pushed everything really deep.

So your site you talk of here-- actually produced more buttons than mine.
Sounds like a place for the ole 17" coil maybe if iron/ nails will allow
Sounds like a challenging site.

Nice chatting with you.

Btw, my site produced approx 15 different pieces of Spanish cut silver- only one coin.

Part of it was excavated and sifted by University back in 1989-1992 with backhoe-- 4 pieces found.

So your site you talk of here-- actually produced more buttons than mine.
Sounds like a place for the ole 17" coil maybe if iron/ nails will allow
Sounds like a challenging site.

Nice chatting with you.

I have used the 17 on the other two sites close to this one, but too many nails and other iron signals on this one. The main problem is that an early 1900s house was built on the same footprint of this one so it is full of junk. Oddly enough, the only other coins from this site is two Shield nickels.

It is amazing out how similar your site is to mine,,with the finds.

I should say,, I can definitely tell a difference hunting a site such as yours or mine when the ground is wet vs dry--- much better to hunt with ground drier vs wet,,damp ok.

Beautiful! Man, you sure know how to work the really old dirt!
Mud

You know what they say... "It's all about location." I am very fortunate to have found these old sites in my area. It's a lot of researching, walking and swinging, but it eventually pays off. Best of luck to you in all your hunts.

Killer piece of Spanish!! Interesting that it's not just cut in quarters or eighths... Did it get whacked by a plow, or do you think that was the way the cut it? If it's possibly a plow hit I would be scouring that area for the rest of the coin!!

Killer piece of Spanish!! Interesting that it's not just cut in quarters or eighths... Did it get whacked by a plow, or do you think that was the way the cut it? If it's possibly a plow hit I would be scouring that area for the rest of the coin!!

I thought the same thing. It does look odd for a cut one. If it is a plow broken the other half should be nearby. I'm going to give that section extra attention. Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom