MD while camping in rain and snow!

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Well today was day one of getting some swing time while camping.
I forgot to grab my go pro. I was in the river, banks and more.
I have one spot kept pinging gold range BUT I didn't grab my shovel either.
Noted the spot will check it out tomorrow.

Got I think about a buck in clad. TONS of targets I think I have found very virgin ground. Have a picture but also horrible internet can't get anything to Photobucket.

Got one MAJOR tease of a ring, ended up being a bottle pull tab with the lid attached, all I saw was what looked like a thin silver ring with caked dirt and a top of caked dirt. Until I pulled it out..

Nieces had some swing time for a bit found a little clad. They each were running own rig. Teaching em how to make clean plugs too.
Silpat id say worked great except when the rain made it a tad mudish but just wiped it off in the grass.

Overall id say threeish hours swing time was great, headphones on and after nieces returned to camp I went back. Interesting soil here top end good till about 4,inches then gravel. Seemed to help a lot of targets not be so deep.

Interesting thing I kept running into 1977 coins. Go figure.

Time to do the double s and then hit the sac.

Thanks for the update! Sounds like some fun to me! Good luck at your new scoped out site, hope you find something awesome!!!:yes:

Thanks for the update! Sounds like some fun to me! Good luck at your new scoped out site, hope you find something awesome!!!:yes:

My pleasure. To be able to have time off work after over two years of 7 days a week is awesome but to camp as well :)
I think ill take the xterra 705 with gold pack out for a spin. I saw a video from someone with just rings being about only thing not notched out. He says he has found many many rings using it to up the edge. Can't remember his YouTube name or anything but hey can't hurt to give his suggestion a shot right.
Today was at pro, ace 350, at gold, and junior bounty hunter.
We were a swinging army.
The nieces need me to show em more basics have been trying just workm was in the way lol..

I'll edit this in a few with video link.
I'd actually like to see what others think of this video..

My mistake its advertised for jewlery..
But I'm going to try these settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5IgBS0GS8

So I have ran the program at least here I wasn't very impressed.
Also I guess because of the coil he was running he was able to adjust for the soda can poppers. I couldn't get a read off them at 16 I was stuck at 18.
So I ran the spectrum open. I ended up pull tabs can slaw and a small fishing weight.

My Xterra is running the 18.75 hz DD I think it is
And tried it with the nel snake cool same can pop tops ended up at 18 as well.

I also realized this is HORRIBLE conditions to keep running
My carrot!! Getting scraped up badly due to the gravel layer..
I might just switch to my other pointer..
Not even clad but I was running a jewelry only mode.

Today will be making my way back to the creek and checking out the solid 50 on the at pro. Not sure if its one big hot rock or possible gold containing rock.
Will take detector, gold pan, and shovel.
Will gopro the dig :)

As for testing the jewelry program I also discovered I need to work more on my xterra pinpointing. I seemed off to the left.

Hey brother, don't worry about ruining your Carrot. If it fails, Garrett will replace it, even if you grind the tip down 100%

I've had 3 blacks warrantied and my first Carrot covered (the first Carrot was Garrett's fault), but regardless they are meant to be USED and abused for the most part. Just have fun and enjoy yourself :)

Hey brother, don't worry about ruining your Carrot. If it fails, Garrett will replace it, even if you grind the tip down 100%

I've had 3 blacks warrantied and my first Carrot covered (the first Carrot was Garrett's fault), but regardless they are meant to be USED and abused for the most part. Just have fun and enjoy yourself :)

Good to know. I'm not beating it but I think there is a pinhole in the tip.. I'll get pics in the morning.

Don't know if I went camping or metal detecting lol.
Anyhow got another couple hours of swing time..
Tried some river/creek time. HECK NO!! Did I last about 2 min
Before I called it as it was to cold of water. I'd guess in the 40s..
So I dug my solid 50 kept pinging on the at pro and steady and repeated many times..... It was a pull tab.... Swinging where I wanted to explore more as it seemed to be a natural catch area where a swimming home was damed up before. Got some interesting hits and repeat tones 76 and around there on a few. And one was a solid 99 over and over, problem was they were in about 2 1/2 feet of water... Any attempt to retrieve was a negative... To cold..

Also my 4 year old niece who I bought the mini bounty hunter for wanted to go "dig for treasure" and she had a couple good signals. One ended up being cement in the ground with copper wire sticking out of it about 4 inches Down.
Wasn't able to retrieve it believe was possible.part of old Light base.
She also found one of their water pipes and this was within 10 min of starting.
Some friends came up so we cut it short.

No more rain no more snow very nice daytime weather now.

Well just finished a 3 hour swing time. A few more 70s clad, pop tops and beaver tails, couple fishing weights. Beach and tot lot..
Tried to use ear a little more to determine all the dig points.
Think dug about 30ish targets total.
Pics later.
Shower and bed its almost 4 whoops..

Attachments

• WP_20160402_09_49_49_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160402_09_49_49_Pro.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Well this trip is winding down. And I am beat beyond belief.
Lol as I sit here a gopher is busy pulling weeds into his hole.
Quite a few hours detecting this trip. Some clad to show for it.
Did about 6 hours of fishing tonight.
Thank god I added days off for when I got back.
This was a very needed trip.
I think I've dug enough low end. Its gold or silver or both time.
P.s. No gold natural gold this time. Though I think I ended up with
Some more ideas for next time. I looked but honestly.dont think
I ended up with enough dedicated prospecting time.

Back
Top Bottom