XP Deus version 4.1 users manual

I have updated 1 of 3 of my units with version 4.1.
Uneventful.
There is reference to having coil on charge in instructions now though .

So I take it you have a dedicated coil or coils for that unit correct? The only reason I do not change one of my units is the fact I have all my coils in 4.0 and if I change one over to 4.1 then I cannot go back and use it on the 4.0 unit. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

So I take it you have a dedicated coil or coils for that unit correct? The only reason I do not change one of my units is the fact I have all my coils in 4.0 and if I change one over to 4.1 then I cannot go back and use it on the 4.0 unit. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

Well, you can't mix components with different version update and use.

You can if you don't like 4.1 version, you can re update to lower version if you want.

You can also use 2 different Deus setups one in one version one in another.

One caution here,, when updating the program will start searching for coils loaded on your remote,,so it would,be possible to unintentionally update a coil to an update you don't want. Hence if this happens and you don't realize and go detecting before checking your unit...Coil won't pair with remote or headphones.

Hope I was clear here.

I learned the caution part above the hard way. lol

Yes!

During the install it calls it a Beta. Here is the install location.

"C:\Program Files\DEUS UPDATE BETA\DEUS_UPDATE.exe"

The download.

Attachments

• Deus-Update.jpg
    Deus-Update.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 518
Something mysterious going on with my HF coils.
I don't think the update (4.1) does anything to them.
During update process my HF coils are not being indentified,,meaning bypassed.

Yet after I update remote and headphone module,,coil,pairs just fine, and I have 4.1 in my remotes and headphone module.

Yet after I update remote and headphone module,,coil,pairs just fine, and I have 4.1 in my remotes and headphone module.

you have to coil enter serial number in the remote manually.

Yes!

During the install it calls it a Beta. Here is the install location.

"C:\Program Files\DEUS UPDATE BETA\DEUS_UPDATE.exe"

The download.

Ok, I didn't know as I didn't download it. I've had the 4.1 beta version for months now.

Did you try to delete the coil then re enter it? Might make a difference or maybe there just is no difference when it comes to the HF coils.
Now I have read that the HF coils do not have the "Expert" menu off the sensitivity setting so there is no ability to access TX power settings. Does anyone know if this option will be available in a future update?

Did you try to delete the coil then re enter it? Might make a difference or maybe there just is no difference when it comes to the HF coils.
Now I have read that the HF coils do not have the "Expert" menu off the sensitivity setting so there is no ability to access TX power settings. Does anyone know if this option will be available in a future update?

Yes I did delete and add,and even paired with coil using version 4,, still HF coil not recognized during update.

As far as TX power setting.
I have a hunch,,no way to prove though,,based on charge time of HF coil veing run with remote and headset module,,,it is my belief TX power may be turned up a tad. Meaning a tad more than normal tx power 2 setting. Granted it is fixed.
I have seen no plans to allow tx power adjustment in future updates anywhere.

Last edited:
Now wait . . . I downloaded an upgrade 3 or 4 days ago from the XP site and it is version 4.0. There was no 4.1 option available to click on. I wondered about that when I did it, as some of the talk on this forum had referred to 4.1. Is 4.1 a beta? What is the difference between 4.0 and 4.1? And why was 4.1 not an option when I downloaded it? (I realize that may be a question only XP can answer).

Now wait . . . I downloaded an upgrade 3 or 4 days ago from the XP site and it is version 4.0. There was no 4.1 option available to click on. I wondered about that when I did it, as some of the talk on this forum had referred to 4.1. Is 4.1 a beta? What is the difference between 4.0 and 4.1? And why was 4.1 not an option when I downloaded it? (I realize that may be a question only XP can answer).

To my knowledge, today was when version 4.1 became a available on Xp's site.

So that's why you didn't see 4.0 version.

I don't even know if USA site has 4.1 download or not.

Difference between.
I don't know all, but if a person has mi-6 pointer the 4.1 download will definitely help you.

This link may help younwoth your question.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction manual/SUMMARY_MANUAL_DEUS_V4_V4.1_UK.pdf

So other than helping those who have an issue with the MI6 pin pointer, I do not see much benefit with this 4.1 update.
Both my MI6's work perfectly as well as all my units, coils and headphones so I doubt I will download it.
I never touched any of the Beta editions of the downloads and actually waiting until 4.0 was out for a bit before I downloaded it. That may be why I have never had any of the issues some others have experienced.

So other than helping those who have an issue with the MI6 pin pointer, I do not see much benefit with this 4.1 update.
Both my MI6's work perfectly as well as all my units, coils and headphones so I doubt I will download it.
I never touched any of the Beta editions of the downloads and actually waiting until 4.0 was out for a bit before I downloaded it. That may be why I have never had any of the issues some others have experienced.

Although my time using LF coils and mi6 poimter are limited, I didn't experience any problems.
HF coils different story, especially the elliptical HF coil.

I have tried using mi6 pinpointer and HF coils, seems the problems shown using 4.0 are fixed with versions 4.1. Kudos to XP.

Back
Top Bottom