Six basic specifics needed when posting a coin cleaning process for USA minted coins.

ToddB64

Elite Member
Hi All ! :tiphat:

Since (#1) Coin types, (#2) Liquids, (#3) Chemicals, (#4) Medias (#5) Cleaning equipment, and (#6) Time cycles can vary for best results according to individual preferences, we should keep any cleaning process offered in our posts focused on a particular type of coin, be it pre-and some post-'82 copper Cents, post-'82 copper plated zinc Cents, Alloyed Nickels, Clad Dimes, Clad Quarters and Silver coins, and be sure to include all six of the above specifics (Let me know if I missed any important basics. ;)

Most of us reading posts in this forum probably lack some coin cleaning knowledge and are depending on members to provide complete basic specifics. In doing my own research, I have found numerous posts that were lacking detail. When trying to offer help, what good does it do to offer four or five specifics, leaving other aspects unanswered, requiring the viewer to post questions ?

I do appreciate the efforts of members who are endeavoring to provide help; I just thought this reminder might reduce some inconvenience to those seeking information.

ToddB64

Last edited:
Good advice, to focus on one coin type at a time...

Hi Arthur !

Thanks for commenting.....heh-heh, It's been over 6 weeks since I wrote that and you are the first response !
I was beginning to think the post had a fetid aroma or something. :laughing:

Glad somebody agrees with my thinking ;) !

ToddB64

Last edited:
It could be really helpful... the patina, discoloration, oxidation layer, or surface crud is different on different alloys, and even on the same kinds of coin if they were weathered in different ways. I'm trying to learn more, and experimenting with different methods.

Back
Top Bottom