No treasures...just some rambling.

StPetePaulie

Went to a new to me beach Thursday at lunch time. I had missed my super early morning hunt on my regular beach....because sometimes an old man's gotta get a full 7 hours sleep ! So this beach....15 min away....no parking fees....no real rules at all...dogs, campers, rv's whatev's and not even that much of a beach...anyways....so so so so much trash. It was a beautiful thing. I swung my coil and just paid attention to the high tones...mostly cut off tones...and chirps...'cause everything sounded like a bottle cap....because it either was a bottle cap or it was right next to one. The point is ....it was some great practice with my Nox. Did find 2.50 in quarters and dimes...in about 30 min. It's not a location where an inexperienced detectorists is gonna enjoy.....and not a place where "digging it all" is a real option...unless you have days and days...So....I'm thinking...there will probably always be treasure for me to find there...on those days when I just can't get out of bed at 4 in the morning to make it to the real beach....but still gotta get my daily fix !

THE END

Yeah, I wish I lived that close to a beach!
My new favorite beach is like 40 miles away but I consider myself blessed to have found it.:yes:

This is my beach now with all the riff Raff we having coming down on the weekends. The air is so full of pot smoke it's not even funny. The hotels are running specials right now 3 days two nights $149!!! That's for Myrtle Beach!!! If you swing a Nox be prepared to dig 25/50 bottles caps per hunt!!! Spend more time digging bottle caps than coins or jewelry. One reason why I went back to the Sovereigns!! The funny part is looking at the cars they came down in and wonder how did they make it in the cars!!!! Some are duct tape together or zipped tied together. Some have the dummy tires on the back regular tires on the front!!! It's that bad!!!

Its getting interesting with the dope thing. Ive noticed it to.... thou now with medical pot .... they are changing the aroma to cover it up.... which makes no sense if they got it legally. Im finding more and more of those E-sig looking things in and out of the water. Likely we will be seeing larger cooler/bags of food too....:laughing:

Soooo you hunted this beach looking for coins because of all the bottle caps? You may have been better off making a pattern for gold.... which included disc the bottle caps, iron, and a penny out..... never know what kind of a day you might have had.

This is my beach now with all the riff Raff we having coming down on the weekends. The air is so full of pot smoke it's not even funny. The hotels are running specials right now 3 days two nights $149!!! That's for Myrtle Beach!!! If you swing a Nox be prepared to dig 25/50 bottles caps per hunt!!! Spend more time digging bottle caps than coins or jewelry. One reason why I went back to the Sovereigns!! The funny part is looking at the cars they came down in and wonder how did they make it in the cars!!!! Some are duct tape together or zipped tied together. Some have the dummy tires on the back regular tires on the front!!! It's that bad!!!

I do dig 25 to 50 bottle caps per hunt and a similar number of pull tabs. I even dig quite a few tin targets. I did the same with my AT Pro too. Even when I know it's a bottle cap or a pull tab....I'm still digging it...because it could also be a coin spill or something hidden among the bottle caps. I don't mind doing that......It's still all about getting out there and enjoying the hunt.

Its getting interesting with the dope thing. Ive noticed it to.... thou now with medical pot .... they are changing the aroma to cover it up.... which makes no sense if they got it legally. Im finding more and more of those E-sig looking things in and out of the water. Likely we will be seeing larger cooler/bags of food too....:laughing:

Soooo you hunted this beach looking for coins because of all the bottle caps? You may have been better off making a pattern for gold.... which included disc the bottle caps, iron, and a penny out..... never know what kind of a day you might have had.

Well in my defense, DewCon, I only had 30 minutes to hunt. Also, I will be going back. I'm no sure how I would be able to discriminate all those signals and still find anything other than high tones. The bottle caps give me 3 or 4 tones unless it's old and crusty....then it just gives a low gold tone....and there was all the other trashes too...not just bottle caps. Now if the targets weren't all piled on top of each other, I could figure that out. This first visit, though, I really enjoyed picking out the high tones...It was a fun challenge/game 'cause they were so faint and so short....and it was still a guess as to what it might be...so...I will spend more time at this beach..and I will dig more targets....when I have more time. There are more awesome days to come ! Yes, I considered that hunt an awesome day.....lol... I have a low bar for awesomeness, obviously!

StPetePaulie, I'm in the same boat as you. I just can't (or really want) to dig everything. I tried that for a bit before learning my lesson. I still manage to have a good time, without the junk! Happy hunting!

I think I might have the opposite reaction. I have so few targets that even a bottlecaps signal is exciting. Leads me to think that someone keeps on hitting the beach one day before me...

Flashback: When I first used the nox there was someone driving away with what looked like a CTX... I wonder...:?:

Josh

Yeah, I wish I lived that close to a beach!
My new favorite beach is like 40 miles away but I consider myself blessed to have found it.:yes:
Well, you could be like me- stuck in the middle of the woods, no beach in sight!
I'd love to be 40 miles from a beach!

$2.50 is a great clad take, especially for a half hour trip! But it sounds like the best part wasn't so much the clad as the practice you gained from the hunt. Way to go!

$2.50 is a great clad take, especially for a half hour trip! But it sounds like the best part wasn't so much the clad as the practice you gained from the hunt. Way to go!

Yes !! It absolutely was the best part.

12 cents is my average :lol:...

I thought you were going to rant about no targets and filled up sand, surprised to see that you're on a beach with a lot of targets. I rarely have a beep, and that's either foil or bobby pins. :D

Still being persistent to find that beach full of gold rings ;).

Josh

P.S. Mind dropping corrdients? :lol:

I thought you were going to rant about no targets and filled up sand, surprised to see that you're on a beach with a lot of targets. I rarely have a beep, and that's either foil or bobby pins. :D

Josh

P.S. Mind PM'ing exact location to me? :lol:

Josh

P.S. Mind PM'ing exact location to me? :lol:

Well, I'm on the other coast, Josh. gulf coast of Florida. I have to get to the beaches early....5 am or earlier during the week in order to get in 3 hours before the 8a.m. parking charges begin...oh and I have to be at work. There are lots of detectorists that work the beach I hunt.....but....sometimes they sleep in and sometimes they decide to skip a week or a few days....and that's just fine by me. If I go everyday during the week, I do sometimes get to places first....and people are constantly losing things here. The "new" beach I actually found out about on this forum....

Well, I'm on the other coast, Josh. gulf coast of Florida. I have to get to the beaches early....5 am or earlier during the week in order to get in 3 hours before the 8a.m. parking charges begin...oh and I have to be at work. There are lots of detectorists that work the beach I hunt.....but....sometimes they sleep in and sometimes they decide to skip a week or a few days....and that's just fine by me. If I go everyday during the week, I do sometimes get to places first....and people are constantly losing things here. The "new" beach I actually found out about on this forum....

I was kidding about the location, but good to know that you're going early. :yes:

I'll just stay here, too many veteran beach hunters here on the forum have marked Florida as their territory :lol:.

Josh

I was kidding about the location, but good to know that you're going early. :yes:

I'll just stay here, too many veteran beach hunters here on the forum have marked Florida as their territory :lol:.

Josh

LOL..I"m sure they have....but I'm like that pesky little bug that won't go away...always sneaking in when it's dark and taking bits of their stuff here and there.....and I'm happy finding junk....so...that's a nightmare.....they may claim away...but I cannot be stopped....:laughing: Just kidding, I've met several regulars out there and everyone is very nice....but then there's The Weaver Man (or Woman)....I think they get out at midnight....when they do get out. When I see there scoop marks....I just move on to another spot....and there are lots of spots...so that's not a problem either. Now my snowbird friend Charlie is gone for the summer and I won't have him to share the treasures with for awhile ....except to send him pictures of all the gold I am sure to find this summer...so that he may know what he is missing !

Back
Top Bottom