• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Native American Artifact or a Rock?

owena1

Found this in a 1700s farm field a few months ago. It looked a little too round and odd for me to toss It back, never did any research on it. I don’t really know anything about this kind of stuff. What do you guys think?

1bc5e19e96da7035e794d52c729763c8.jpg
dc1c1c4f081d9ab3d6cf12a066347c77.jpg

f8bdb44b82cb8580d78bdb134678dd5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a very similar one a few years back.
Unfortunately the consensus was that indian gaming balls were almost perfectly round.:no:

If you use FB I own a indians artifact group called VA/NC/SC points and artifacts. You can post it there and I have members that are experts that can tell you what it is

I have one that is a little bigger....perfectly round, honestly thought it was a small cannon ball. I found it on one of my farms. Right now it is under a 2 foot pile of snow in my wifes flower garden. mine has 4 grooves in it, that almost perfectly match my fingers. I'll dig it out and take some pics

Round Stone

Hello,
I hunted Indian artifacts my entire life here in Eastern PA. with my father, now deceased. I would like to know what state you found this in ? If I found this stone here, I would call it a hammer stone. They had many uses from grinding to even chipping a larger piece of some sort of flint down to a smaller piece to make a point or scraper. I had many hammer stones in various sizes. I can't be certain without seeing the stone but this is my opinion . Sure looks like an Indian tool .
Bubbaron

Hello,

I hunted Indian artifacts my entire life here in Eastern PA. with my father, now deceased. I would like to know what state you found this in ? If I found this stone here, I would call it a hammer stone. They had many uses from grinding to even chipping a larger piece of some sort of flint down to a smaller piece to make a point or scraper. I had many hammer stones in various sizes. I can't be certain without seeing the stone but this is my opinion . Sure looks like an Indian tool .

Bubbaron

New Hampshire!

Back
Top Bottom