My Parents Backyard finds

iUSEaFisherF75

I had a pretty good time at my parents place. When I started metal detecting I didn't think i would find anything because it is out in the middle of nowhere. Now this is still one of my most favorite spots to go!
Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

• 2011-12-24_21-09-49_486.jpg
    2011-12-24_21-09-49_486.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,832
  • 2011-12-24_21-10-09_598.jpg
    2011-12-24_21-10-09_598.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,835
  • 2011-12-24_21-10-34_649.jpg
    2011-12-24_21-10-34_649.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,851
  • 2011-12-24_21-10-42_369.jpg
    2011-12-24_21-10-42_369.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,844
Who says that kind of stuff? Especially on Christmas eve?
I've seen things way less eye popping than this and I wouldn't say that to anyone.

Very nice hunt, great old relics, buttons, etc! I think you got yourself on to a very rare, very old Midwestern site by the looks of it. I am sure there are some old coins there just waiting to be discovered. Good luck and congrats!

nice collection of finds.... a lot of old items.. keep searching there......there's no telling what you will find next

I've seen things way less eye popping than this and I wouldn't say that to anyone.

Yeah we've got a few of them around here. :roll: Nice finds by the way...those buttons certainly look like they've got some age on them. Good luck! :D

Nice pile-o-relics

My best guess with so many of those flat buttons around there just has to be some large and two cent pieces around. Maybe even an elusive half cent
Good luck...Gil

Sweet finds man!! I would say that any old button is much more eye popping than some common date Mercury dime. I say this thread is deserving of being posted in this subforum

Nice hunting and cool collection of finds. You found more flat buttons in one day than I have since I started detecting last year.

If I was a beginner and found that on my 1st hunts, I would call it mind blowing.

Very good finds for your 1st few hunts. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry you feel that way and I mean no disrespect. If you feel those buttons and clad are eye popping material that is your opinion and right to put it there. I too am entitled to an opinion. I dont even keep my flat buttons any more. An old one with a design? Yeah. You see, I didnt even put my 1853 silver 3 cent trime in this section because I felt it wasn't eye popping. Eye popping is finding 15+ silvers in one hunt, finding a rare coin, a gold coin, a GW button, jewelry valued at thousands of dollars etc. So it was just my opinion what you found should have been in coinshooters or pics of finds. Too many people post in this section when the finds are not mind-blowing. Again just my humble opinion that I'm entitled too. So again nice buttons and merry Christmas to you sir.

I'm sorry you feel that way and I mean no disrespect. If you feel those buttons and clad are eye popping material that is your opinion and right to put it there. I too am entitled to an opinion. I dont even keep my flat buttons any more. An old one with a design? Yeah. You see, I didnt even put my 1853 silver 3 cent trime in this section because I felt it wasn't eye popping. Eye popping is finding 15+ silvers in one hunt, finding a rare coin, a gold coin, a GW button, jewelry valued at thousands of dollars etc. So it was just my opinion what you found should have been in coinshooters or pics of finds. Too many people post in this section when the finds are not mind-blowing. Again just my humble opinion that I'm entitled too. So again nice buttons and merry Christmas to you sir.

thought about it and decided to delete all i had written in response to the overbearing post. instead, god bless you spm673, aka the jersey digger. u need it.

to the original poster, great finds! Don't let this one guy run you off our forum, keep those post and pics coming. Most of us love looking at others finds not matter where they are posted!!!!!

Button busting finds!

I haven't found any old buttons like that and I have hunted for over a decade. On the east coast they are much more common. Here in the midwest you have to have a pretty good spot to find such a great group of old relics.

Bear in mind that much of Illinois was not officially owned until the late 1840's.

Whereas the original colonies go back 500 years.

Keep up the good work. Those are great finds for the show me state!

cool assortment of oldies, keep lookin around and i'm sure some old coinage will come outa that spot

Back
Top Bottom