Non metallic digger

Eric W

Hi, does anyone know of a non-mettalic digger? I just purchased a leather sheath for my Lesche one that has the loop for my pinpointer in it, I love it other than the fact I have to turn off my pointer anytime I use it with the digger in it. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of maybe a carbon fiber one or something like that, I know there are a lot of plastic ones out there, I'm looking for something that will hold up. Probably asking the impossible.

Hi, does anyone know of a non-mettalic digger? I just purchased a leather sheath for my Lesche one that has the loop for my pinpointer in it, I love it other than the fact I have to turn off my pointer anytime I use it with the digger in it. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of maybe a carbon fiber one or something like that, I know there are a lot of plastic ones out there, I'm looking for something that will hold up. Probably asking the impossible.

Maybe, but besides plastic I don't know what is out there.
I turn mine on and off many dozens, maybe hundreds of times on my hunts because I use a pouch to hold my tools...leaving my pinpointer on all the time is never going to be my thing.

A thought...
Pinpointers come with sheaths, maybe attach yours on a belt or strap it to your leg or something away from your digger so it won't go off.
Of course that nice leather pouch you bought will only go half used if you do so I can see why you are looking for a composite digger but it could still hold a spare pinpointer or something.
Good luck with your search.

I always shut the pinpointer off after digging a target. Batteries last forever that way. I keep the pinpointer in the sheath that came with it attached to my belt and it works out great that way. Composite diggers are a total waste unless you only use it in sand or wood chips. Not made to dig in dirt.

I don’t think anything other than a metal digger will last anytime away from a beach.

You aren’t hurting your pointer turning it on and off. I’d bet 95% of people hunt that way.

With some creativity you could simply use a wooden stick. The oldest digging tool ever. Cheap and easy to replace.

And wood is stronger then expected. Especially if a harder type of wood is used. Easy to make with some processing and shaping for your wishes. You could even think about a hardened cutting edge by making some plastic edge at it which can be replaced if worn.

Some examples to be found here.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wooden+shovel&ia=images&iax=images

antique-wooden-spade-10200-main-size3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom