Garrett Pin-Pointer comparison

masterswimmer

Can anybody offer me some insight to the differences and effectiveness of these two Pinpointers?

Garrett® Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer (Garrett carrot)
and
Garrett® Pro-Pointer II

Thanks in advance.

Can anybody offer me some insight to the differences and effectiveness of these two Pinpointers?

Garrett® Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer (Garrett carrot)
and
Garrett® Pro-Pointer II

Thanks in advance.

The AT is waterproof. Not sure if there are any other extra features to the AT model, but being waterproof is more than enough to justify the extra cost. Even if you don't ever use it in the water, you'll appreciate being able to clean it by running it under water. (I don't use high pressure at close range just to be safe.)

The Garrett At has settings to make it more sensitive ,and deeper.

I didn't realize the Pinpointer II doesn't have the three sensitivity levels. That's a whole other reason to get the AT. I don't change the sensitivity on the AT often, but there are situations where I have.

If the II doesn't have the sensitivity adjustment, then I'm guessing it also doesn't have the re-tune feature like the AT. I use that feature regularly when I have a deep narrow hole and need to determine if the target is in a wall (or where) or still in the bottom.

So, if all of those differences are true, in addition to the waterproof difference, then the extra 20 bucks for the AT is a complete no brainer. That is, unless funds are tight and you can get a great deal on a used model II.

The Pro-Pointer-II will retune but you have to power off, and power on when nearing the target. The Carrot quick press of the power button is speedy.

I never run any sensitivity setting but the highest setting. The fast detune feature on the highest setting gives flexibility while giving max depth, on the fly.

An extra twenty bucks for the waterproof Carrot is more than logical IMPO.

Back
Top Bottom