ENDED Wanderer's Gathering Pouch Give Away!

ozarkhunter

OEZEOUFDMTYzMkUxNjJERUM2Rjk6NjY4MzEyMjkyNzM4N2NkYzk3NmQ4NzU3OWI2ZmY4OGY6Ojo6OjA=

OEZEOUFDMTYzMkUxNjJERUM2Rjk6MzhkODgxOTFiODM5YzFmMTYyNjlkOWI1OGZlNGI2YzM6Ojo6OjA=

http://badgerclawleatherworks.com/products/the-wanderers-gathering-pouch

As promised... Here's your chance to register to win one of these great pouches. The maker of the pouch generously offered to donate a second pouch for the give away, so your odds of winning doubled before we even get started!

I've found these pouches are great for holding a pinpointer, a coin probe and all of my finds from park or school hunts. They are durable, well designed and made by hand in the U.S.A. Sooo, let's get started!

The give away will be open until Sunday, April 3rd, and will close at 10 PM central time.

To enter, just post a story of your most memorable hunt. What made the hunt memorable is up to you... sentimental value of a find, financial value of a find, family members or friends that went with you... Only one entry per member, please.
Browse the entries as they are posted and vote for your favorite post or posts by clicking the green thumb at the bottom, right of the posts (text says Did you find this post helpful). The 2 posts with the highest number of "thumbs up" at 10 PM central on April 3rd will be the winners of the 2 Wanderer's Gathering Pouches. The following day I will contact the 2 members by private message to get shipping addresses to send the pouches.

Good luck to all who enter! Post away!

Great looking product. I have been looking :pfor a dump bag made out of a durable material. And now I have found one. I will be ordering one in the down the road. Thanks for the post.

Calvin and Hobbs Kinda Gear!

"Its a magical World Hobbs old Buddy...Lets go exploring! (Bill Watterson)

Of course, to really go afoot on this Dangerous Planet, exploring and exploiting in good fashion, in addition to a pet Tiger, a guy needs a Trustworthy Man bag!:laughing:

...here comes a MudPuppy ramble...Just let me run a little Brothers!...:laughing:

Back in the day, before Cellphones, Onstar and LifeAlert, (helpivefallenandicantgetup!) Men had to rely on themselves and their gear, there were these things called "Possible Pouches"...Contained within was everything a guy needed to start life over or survive a bad situation. Flint and steel, a blade, sinew, jerky, tobacco, even trade items like beads. Now a days these pouches are commonly referred to as "Bug Out Bags", or 'Bobs' for short...Made out of various grades and configurations of ripstop nylon, they are a popular and important piece of kit. Every body needs one, something you can grab quick in an emergency that will save your life or allow you to start a new one. It should never be out of arms reach in fact, you should use it as a pillow even!

Well, a good all purpose innocent looking bag is a tool in and of itself, so I have been thinking a lot about bags since Ozarkhunter got his!

As a somewhat palsied pathetic periperdontic, wandering this Globe so far on 6 continents, what a guy has on hand is of great importance! Hell! A few packs of Marlboros and a Bic lighter in some localities makes a huge difference between life and death! Got me through a high mountain armed roadblock in Bosnia once! Late at night too...I remember looking up at the stars, with a sense of peace about my fate, I had fire and smokes...Toss in some beads, and a guy is golden!

Per my tag line, Pockets are untrustworthy! Briefcases are limited and anounce, "hey, look at me!" Fanny packs? Sheesh! I dont even need to address that do I?:laughing: It screams 'Hey everybody! I'm gay as hell! heres my passport and all my money!':laughing:

Anyway, a really good Scavengers bag...yep...a guy can make shoes out of it if it came to it, or a hat, or carry water like this waxed one Ozark found...

Think about it! Mattie Ross of 'True Grit' carried her daddies 1847 Colt Walker in a cotton flour sack! She walked right into the courtroom with it even, and nobody said dick!! Her conversation with that one horse trader is legendary and should be committed to memory by others so inclined to get the top end of a negotiation! 'Art of the Deal' my @ss! Trump aint got NOTHING on Mattie Ross when it comes to horse trading! Then, she whipped out that big hand cannon and shot Tom Chaney! Loved it!:laughing:

Ok...so thinking about a good honest ManBag...back in the early 80's, dirt poor, about this time of the year, probably mid May, gainfully unemployed as is my custom, with a New baby and Wife...Living In St Cloud MN, I bought 50c worth of Fatheads and drove on up to the Blanchard Dam on the Mississippi river...there was this little creek that dumped in below there a few miles, and the Walleye staged up there for the spawn...(west side of the river, right at that first downstream bridge...y'all know exactly what I'm talking about!) ...My $300 Plymouth Volare with the slant six got there amazingly, it was a stick, and luckily a guy could roll start it easy...so down in there I go to catch a ration of fish...May apples were just popping up, sprigs of poison ivy, and then I noticed a great carpet of fresh Morels!

Well, All I had was my minnow bucket with about 8 fatheads in it, so I thought about this conundrum, I guess I could take off my shirt and fashion a sack out of it? Or dump out my minnows and grab all these shrooms? So what I did was go and catch some walleye, then used the minnow bucket and my shirt for the shrooms...This is just one little instance where a good bag woulda come in handy!

The old guy who lived next door got three of the walleye and half of the shrooms...he had a hell of a garden, and made some fabulous rhubarb wine... He was like 90yrs old and a great friend and mentor...

Anyway, Manbags! Yes...a guy needs a trustworthy Manbag! Something a fellow can trust not to loose the goods! A Knife like a 770t Schrade, a Zippo lighter, fishing line and a few hooks, zip ties and snares and maybe a space blanket? Like Tom Hanks experienced in 'Joe Vs the Volcano' his quality luggage saved his @ss! A good waxed bag can be used as a flotation device in a pinch! No need to take off your pants and tie knots in the legs like they teach you how to do in the Boy Scouts!:laughing: Wandering ashore in your underwear all penniless is no way to go through life! Big deal! You made it ashore in your underwear, you look like hell, and aint gotta penny! Pretty much just another ordinary off the shelf drunken tourist!:laughing:

OK, so back to detecting and honest pouches...back in Sept of 2013, I was out detecting in lake Michigan..it was @5am..dark side of the moon and running with no lights as is my custom, so it was really dark! I hit this one signal that sounded like a couple pulltabs...I took a few scoops and got it...bounced it around in my hand a little, I didnt know what it was, dog chain maybe? But with no good honest bag, I stuffed it up under the sleeve of my UnderArmour long top (poor mans wetsuit) and commenced to hunting...everytime I lowered that arm to do a scoop, that heavy chain would tumble out, and I would have to fish it up out of the drink again! It was only after I got home did I realize what it was, and nearly fainted..so yeah, a good bag...with that paracord drawstring...for turtles and snakes and mushrooms and such...old guys should gift these to the young, and tell them the history of Mankinds need for possible bags and Mattie Ross' negotiation skills, and Joe's luggage, and rhubarb wine....along with a Zippo and a Schrade...maybe some Marlboros even...

Magical or not, this World is a dangerous Place to be out aimlessly scavenging and adventuring without the right gear, and not all of us are blessed to have a pet Tiger for a backup!!:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• sept 8 13-5.jpg
    sept 8 13-5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 452
  • Sept 8 13.jpg
    Sept 8 13.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Mud you are an amaizing suck up . I came here to contend for the opportunity to win this more then practical prize . But after reading MUDs play for this sweet pouch i have come to the conclusion that I should just buy one.
This is hopeless .
Or is it šŸ˜Ž.
it's simple , I'm going to buy one . And I would think that anyone who sees that stow and go wonderers pouch would be thinking the same thing .

But IF I WIN , I will end every post I make for the rest of 2016 with these words .
HH , Dew.
The 2016 winner of the Wonderer's Gathering Pouch Givaway .the pouch Mud tried to out suck up his fellow friendly metal detecting forum members and get for free. Thanks for playing .

EDIT ..... I was out of line with my defensive attack on MUDs obviously sincere case for being awarded this fine prize . I guess I just went into a fight or flight situation . Judging by the lack of posts I assume many chose flight after reading his great post. Forgive me Do not vote for me . I was out of line . I chose flight .. But as I run away after poking the bear that pouch sure would come in handy . šŸ˜¬

Edit 2 ... I changed my mind ! That pouch is sweet . So I came back to fight !!! But then I tried to vote for myself ... It didn't work so I'm voting for mud.

Man I didn't want to go after Mud, that guy can spin a tale,lol.

Well My favorite hunt lately was Easter Sunday, not only did I finally convice my son to go out with me, but my son-in-law also. We were visiting at my daughters house and I mentioned that I would like to go get some metal detecting done, so we went out to some of my daughters husbands property, the house and yard area of a farm where his grandpa grew up, has not been lived in since 1948. Never been detected either, showed up with high hopes and big dreams. Got out there and spent a few minutes helping the son and son in law get a slight idea of what they were doing with their borrowed machines and then fired mine up. took two swings and hit a target,dig, 1935 wheatie.fill in hole, take two more swings, detector reads 1$ signal, I start getting excited and dig, flip out giant plug and see a gleam of silver, big silver, about to get real happy and brush some dirt away, wait, way to thick to be a coin, hopes errode, then I dig it out, and hopes roar back again, a pocket watch at 8 inches deep. we dug alot of junk after that, I mean alot, no more coins, or other really cool finds. found about 3 pounds of fired .44 bullets, guess grandpa liked to shoot alot,lol. Had an absolute blast and the very best part was getting my son and son-in-law interested in this crazy hobby. So we get back to town for Easter dinner and I show my daughter and other son-in-law(who owns the ranch) the old wheatie and the watch. He stares at the watch and says he needs to call his uncle, his uncle stops by to look and gets pretty choked up, seems grandpa won that watch at a turkey shoot when he was a young man and lost it when the uncle was just a kid. I put it in his hand and told him it was his now. I will say the tears were flowing quite freely. Well to wrap things up like a complete idiot I forgot to take pictures. but it was a hallmark kind of moment. I now have my son in laws ranch and his uncles ranch and farmland where I will be welcome to metal detect to my hearts content as far as they are concerned, totalling thousands of acres, most of the ranch is virgin land that has never seen a plow,unchanged prairie, with at least one site where a small wagon train was wiped out by indians in the early 1800's. Of course, that has got my mind wrapped up in thoughts of lost gold coins and other such treasures. Anyway the best treasure I took away with me Easter Sunday was time spent with my son and my youngest new son-in-law metal detecting. Not to mention the time with the rest of the family and my new granddaughter. It was a great weekend that I will cherish, you might say all I took home was a 1935 wheatie, but trust me it was a whole lot more than that!

Years ago when I was the President of our local metal detecting club, one of the members got permission for the club to hunt an old horse racetrack at a small town east of Wichita. It was in use from the 1800's until around the turn of the century. We agreed to meet at the only restaurant in the town. The early Saturday morning coffee drinkers didn't know what to think when a bunch of strangers showed up. They soon warmed up when we explained what we were there for. We all had a great hunt since I don't believe it had ever been hunted before. I think everyone made some nice finds. One member found ten Barber dimes as well as newer coins. The one I usually hunted with found a Barber quarter and a Seated dime. I have yet to find a Barber quarter. Among a number of wheat cents I found a rusted pocket knife and a Barber half. My prize find was a 1877O Seated dime. The only seated coin that I have ever found. It had a tiny hole through the mint mark. To this day I don't know how they managed to drill such a small hole. I don't think you could get a small needle through it. I think all of the older coins around Wichita are under concrete. It wasn't founded until around 1870 and the oldest coin I have found here is an 1871 Indian Head. I no longer have the dime but that's another story.

Mud you are an amaizing suck up . I came here to contend for the opportunity to win this more then practical prize . But after reading MUDs play for this sweet pouch i have come to the conclusion that I should just buy one.
This is hopeless .

You read all that?:lol:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:yes:

This is hopeless .
Or is it šŸ˜Ž.
it's simple , I'm going to buy one . And I would think that anyone who sees that stow and go wonderers pouch would be thinking the same thing .

But IF I WIN , I will end every post I make for the rest of 2016 with these words .
HH , Dew.
The 2016 winner of the Wonderer's Gathering Pouch Givaway .the pouch Mud tried to out suck up his fellow friendly metal detecting forum members and get for free. Thanks for playing .

EDIT ..... I was out of line with my defensive attack on MUDs obviously sincere case for being awarded this fine prize . I guess I just went into a fight or flight situation . Judging by the lack of posts I assume many chose flight after reading his great post. Forgive me Do not vote for me . I was out of line . I chose flight .. But as I run away after poking the bear that pouch sure would come in handy . šŸ˜¬

Edit 2 ... I changed my mind ! That pouch is sweet . So I came back to fight !!! But then I tried to vote for myself ... It didn't work so I'm voting for mud.

:laughing::laughing: too much ya think?:laughing: Hey, I held off for 24hrs, then in the spirit of being a daily scavenger as well as my mantra "Time and Gold wait for Nobody", I turned my twin barrel set of Nose Miners loose on the keyboard and let them do the walking!:laughing: Tell you what Dew, if you do win or buy a bag, have it sent here and I'll autograph it for you and maybe drop a little MudPuppy something special inside for you to remember me by? It will probably wash out...just rinse it out with a hose! ..!:laughing::laughing:
Mud

Last edited:
It took me 50 years but one of my best finds....

When I was a kid about 8 years old I started collecting coins.
This was 1963, and I was given a 1938-1961 nickel book and and 2 penny books...1909-1940 and 1941-1965, and then I tried to fill them.

I looked for coins in all the change I got and every year my grandparents, who never had much money, would go to the bank and get a lot of penny rolls and then unwrap them and throw them all in an old cigar box, fill it 1/2 the way up and give that to me as a birthday present.
It was heavy and filled with coins to go through and I filled many spaces in my books because of this and I loved them for it.
Thinking about it, I was actually doing coin roll hunting way before anyone ever coined the term and also way before many of you were ever born.

I managed to fill up about 1/2 my nickel book, all of my late date penny book except for 2 spots and and a little over 1/3 of the early date Lincoln penny book which I think was pretty good considering the way I was doing it.

Before long in a few years I eventually lost interest and put these books away.
Sometimes you just carry a few certain things through life and even though all my early toys and all other possessions are long gone these books actually stayed with me throughout the years and all the countless moves and I still have them.

After I got into metal detecting I always had hope that one day I might find a coin in the ground that would fill a space in one of my books.
In this hobby I have now found several old nickels and quite a few wheat pennies and even though some of those were actually better condition than the ones already in my collection they were still all doubles and so I continued to look...and wait.

3 days ago I was hunting at a park and there are still 2 old houses on the site that are due to be knocked down sometime in the future.
In the back of one there is still one old rusted clothesline pole and I hunted behind this looking for old coins.
Never found any but this park has been hunted by others.
That day I tried hunting on the other side of that pole where there is a slight slope and I did not believe this was the direction the other end of the lines were strung but evidently they were because I found a 1935 wheatie buried there.

Cut to this morning, and I had a thought to look in my penny book on the off chance that this one would fill a space but I had no luck so far so I wasn't holding out hope.
Guess what?
There on page 3 was a space that said 1935 and no penny filled that hole!

Joy!

This is not a huge find, it is just an old penny and one that is not even in all that great shape, either, but I can't tell you how strangely satisfied and happy this find makes me.
All the learning, all the digging, all the trash and everything I have gone through up to this point for over 3.5 years has led to this...and it was all worth it and then some.

Ok, all my gold and silver and other great finds count, but sometimes in life it is the little victories that count more than the big kind...the smaller personal ones that are only important to you.
This is one of those.

This is such a great hobby that can make me feel so happy over this little thing after such a long, long time.
Life is good!

--------------!-
To be honest this 35 wheat was actually a hole that was already filled so I was mistaken.
However in the 2 years plus since I wrote this I have gone on to fill about 6 other empty spots in my penny books with dug wheaties and I still think of my much loved and dearly departed gradparents every time I open those books.
The search goes on!

A Guy's Just Gotta Dig!

When I was a lad of 11, my adopted grandmother gave me a Whites Coinmaster for my birthday. Since I grew up with little money, the two 9v batteries that came with it were the only two it saw until I was old enough to earn my own money. It was around age 19 that I pulled it out of the closet and began using it, again. A co-worker heard I had a detector, and asked to borrow it. I brought it to work for him, and never saw him or the detector, again.

Fast forward 24 years. I'm channel surfing and come across American Diggers. It inspired me to purchase another detector and find some treasure! I bought a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver with money I earned on the side (my wife gets my regular paycheck), and I got right to work learning it!

I wanted to get my boys into this hobby with me, so I took them outside to my front lawn and let them beep while I dug. Not thinking ahead of time to seed the lawn, I was lucky that they each found a penny! While we were at this, one of the neighbor kids from up the street came over and asked to try. I told the boys to let him, and wouldn't you know it; he found a quarter in my planter box!

That neighbor kid came over every day for three weeks, asking if we could go detecting! :laughing:

Below is a pic of the three happy boys with their finds!

Thanks for the contest, ozarkhunter!

Attachments

• 20130416_174159.jpg
    20130416_174159.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 342
Mr Diggum

Awesome Jon, something they will always remember for sure, I can see them growing up all wanting there own detectors, better start saving for them. I can see it now, I want a AT Pro like Dad's, nah I want a CZ21 cause I like the water, you guys don't know what your talking about, I want one of those CTX3030's like uncle Cliff has :laughing: cheers buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Jon, something they will always remember for sure, I can see them growing up all wanting there own detectors, better start saving for them. I can see it now, I want a AT Pro like Dad's, nah I want a CZ21 cause I like the water, you guys don't know what your talking about, I want one of those CTX3030's like uncle Cliff has :laughing: cheers buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Thanks, Cliff! They'll be getting them soon enough. Might need to sell my truck and get a CTX... :laughing:

Years ago, I worked the afternoon shift, so many times I'd go Mding while the wife was at work. One day I decided to stop by an old building used by the local rec and parks folks. Got the detector out and I noticed a lot of iron in the soil. Then I noticed a lot of trash in the ground. I decide that since I'm there, I'd try to make the best of it. So I'm swinging for about an hour and only have beaver tails and a few bottle tops. I make my way out towards the front of the building and get this VERY strange signal. It was kind of repeatable. You know the signal. Sounds like there could be something there but maybe just trash. So I pinpoint it and dig my plug. It's still in the hole, so it's deeper than 6 inches. I clean out a few more inches and it's still in the hole. I dig a little deeper and out pops this lead roman soldier toy. About 2 inches tall. I check the hole before covering it up and there's still another signal in the hole. So I scoop more dirt and there I find a British Georgvis Rex large cent. Now I get to thinking, a lead Roman soldier and a British large cent. I get my water and start cleaning up the coin. It's faint, but I can see 1764. I live in Maryland, so I have always wondered if this was a stop over for a British troop and somehow he lost both of these. They were down about 9 or 10 inches.

Total value of my day's detecting, $0, but this is one of my fondest memories because of what could have possibly been.

Ever since moving into this house almost two years ago I have wanted to get a metal detector and see what is in the ground around here. So On January 15, 2016 my brand new Treasure Pro arrived on my front porch. To late in the day for any detecting but starting the next day I was out there for a couple of hours a day trying to teach myself to use a metal detector (at 66 years old I am a slow learner).

Only a couple of weeks into this new hobby I stepped outside my workshop door to test a different setting or something, do not remember what. I got a good, if scratchy signal near the door step so I stepped back inside to get my digging tool and dug up a single gold oak leaf (officer's insignia for a Major). When I rechecked the hole my pro pointer lead me to yet another gold oak leaf. This chain of events continued until I had a full dozen oak leaf insignia, a US pin, some pin backs and a brass buckle for a total of 20 items from one hole. Being only two weeks in, and based on the insignia, I could not help but call this a "Major spill".

I'm sure some kid was probably playing pirate and buried grandpa's "gold". So I like to joke that I have quite literally found "Captain Kid's Treasure". :laughing:

AT only two and a half months in, I still consider it my most memorable find.

Attachments

• MajorFind.jpg
    MajorFind.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 302
I remember when you found that Laradactyl...just one of those rare strange posts a guys sees every now and then..it stuck in my head...that is cool!
Mud

A Nice Ring To It

Many of us have been there. We unearth an exciting find. The gold and silver is shining back at us with a row of diamond teeth like a smile just happy to see us. Overcome with joy, we think of how lucky we are to have found such a special item and how to introduce it into our lives. But then the question of who elseā€™s life has this touched? Whoā€™s heart would it have a more special place than our own? Now it is a goal of reuniting the lost with the loved.

My mother would tell me stories of how she had lost her wedding & engagement rings long ago. Unlike most stories however she knew the general resting place of her lost items and it only became a question of getting the means to recover them. I recently got in to the hobby of metal detecting about 2 years ago and thought to myself, ā€œwhat a great rescue mission this could be!ā€ The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to complete the challenge I had given myself. I set out to find my motherā€™s lost rings and this is her story:

28 years ago, in a silly fit of anger at my husband, I removed my wedding band along with an antique opal ring he had recently given to me. Yelling at him, I threw the rings out into the backyard of our first house in Kalamazoo. The next day, I realized my actions and began to search frantically for the rings. Renting a metal detector, I attempted to find them with no such luck! Years went by and I rarely thought about them, as all hope was lost. My son, Ace, recently re-introduced me to metal detecting, joining SWMSS, and purchased a metal detector of my own.

Last month at the meeting, I was looking at the display of jewelry finds of the month and my eyes kept returning to an entry of 2 particular rings. I mentioned to several people that one of the rings looked just like my old wedding band and while the other ring was an opal, I could not recall itā€™s exact identity as it had been so long ago. I wanted to turn the card over so bad to see who had found the rings and I asked Ace if I should do that, but he told me not to since we had not voted yet.

After the voting and just before the break, Mike Walker, who I also spoke with about the rings looking very familiar said, ā€œa young lady had come up to me earlier asking if it was possible to find out where the two rings were found and by whom.ā€ He confused me at this point as he looked in my direction because at 58 years, I did not consider myself to be ā€œyoung!ā€ As I stood up realizing he was talking about me, I told my story of how I lost rings similar to those. Next, he asked if the newly found owner of the rings would also stand up to reveal themselves and all information about the rings. I was sitting on the far left side of the room and the only person to my left was my son, Ace. I looked around the room and didnā€™t see anyone standing immediately until I turned around towards Ace, standing beside me!

I could not believe he had done this for me! Heā€™d heard the story over the years and had gone hunting at our old home, the one before he was even born, the day before the meeting! Ace and his father met me for dinner before the meeting that night in Plainwell. Apparently they had spoken on the phone the day before and both knew that the rings had been found and agreed to keep it a secret in order to arrange the surprise showing at the meeting. Needless to say, I thought it was the perfect way to return my lost rings! I am so grateful to Ace and so proud that he made the return such a special and fun experience!

This experience was so fun for my family and myself. So next time you hit that wonderful find buried beneath the ground, think to yourself what youā€™d rather haveā€¦ the findā€¦ or the story of a lifetime? I really want to thank everyone that helped make this possible! In last monthā€™s newsletter, there was an article that talked about SWMSS being a family of its own and it truly is one! Even as a new member, I have personally met a bunch of great people and continue to make new friends day in and day out. Iā€™m so happy to have found a life long hobby and will hopefully get plenty of lifelong friends in the process!

Attachments

• niceringtoit.jpg
    niceringtoit.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 306
  • clip_image002.gif
    clip_image002.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 374
Well, not a lot of stories behind me as I just started MDing. So I thought I would straight up beg for votes since today is my Birthday and yesterday was my wedding anniversary!! I got my wife the Harbor Freight 9 setting detector so we can do this hobby together!

Edit per mud's suggestion:

I actually did spot a big foot..... big foot-long pipe... even had a "tee" on.... this was my hunt last weekend at the old drive-in. See attached photo... :laughing:

Sean

Attachments

• IMG_3433.jpg
    IMG_3433.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 278
Well, not a lot of stories behind me as I just started MDing. So I thought I would straight up beg for votes since today is my Birthday and yesterday was my wedding anniversary!! I got my wife the Harbor Freight 9 setting detector so we can do this hobby together!

Sean

I like the cut of your jib! :laughing: The 'Its my Birthday' angle is always a good one! Used it myself a time or two with great success! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Although, the whole 'Wedding Anniversary' plea gives us pause regarding your judgement and sanity....If you dont have a good detecting/foraging story, just make one up! Throw in something about a puppy if you have to..everybody likes puppies! I'm gonna pre-emptively green you on the concept! I think theres more here you could get on a roll with!...Tell us about that one time when you saw the Bigfoot up in the 3 Sisters Wilderness of Oregon and your dachshund took off after him!:laughing: We all love dachsies...damn little guys are fearless!...I want this foragers bag bad, and you guys are not making it easy on me!:laughing:
Mud

Last edited:
Back in June of 2013 I had what I consider to be my best day detetcting of all time.
It started in the morning in town here, hunting a city lot where they tore down an 1800's house.
I found my first and only trime:shock:

Then I was fortunate enough to drive through a park in Milwaukee where construction was being performed on an addition to existing buildings.
They had moved a lot of dirt and spread it out over a good sized area.
In one day, I found several wheats and five silvers!
I continued hunting this area over the summer and into fall, and found probably 30 old silvers, Indians, V-nickels and Buffs.

Lastly, and I know this sounds hard to believe, but after dinner, I went to a nearby park and found a large mans wedding band.

This was truly my best day detecting:yes:

Attachments

• 6-29-13 motherlode.jpg
    6-29-13 motherlode.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 6-29-13 Trime 4.jpg
    6-29-13 Trime 4.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 6-29-13 Trime 3.jpg
    6-29-13 Trime 3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 363
Back