DetectorPro Rattlers or Killer B Stingers????

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
Never used either of these brands. Always had my Sunray's. Which would y'all recommend?

I've had both and liked the DetectorPro Rattlers better. Being able to wipe the ear muffs clean, after every hunt, is one of the main reasons why.

Within a year, the leather muffs on the Stingers, started getting hard and cracking. This was after treating the leather with mink oil and ballglove balm. Your sweat will work on that leather, especially in the Summer.

The Rattlers muffs are plastic. In the product description for the Killer B headphones it said that they wouldn't get hard unlike the competition and their plastic muffs. Simply not true. I've used both and it was the Stinger's muffs that couldn't last a year. The Rattlers muffs feel the same as the day I got them, a year later!

Hope that helps, man. :grin:

I'm not a real big guy so the size of them shouldn't matter. I'm also surprised the leather doesn't hold up. I've had my sunrays for a while now and the leather is as good as new.

I'm not a real big guy so the size of them shouldn't matter. I'm also surprised the leather doesn't hold up. I've had my sunrays for a while now and the leather is as good as new.

I agree with you. Your Sunrays are made by John Smith at Killer Bee's. I was told by the guy who makes them at Killer Bee's, John Smith, to not treat the leather with anything. I have had a Killer Bee's Stinger headphone sense about 2006. The only thing I have had a problem with was the cord. That was last year. Sent it in and got it back in less than a week.

I sweat something awful while detecting. I wipe the leather down with a paper towel after every use. No problems with the leather cracking or getting hard. (Like I said, "Sunrays are made by John Smith at Killer Bee's").

The guy at Killer Bee's, John Smith told me the leather will outlast other earphone materials 10 to one. I tend to believe he knows what he is talking about. Remember some types of leather will harden and rot with the wrong kind of treatment.

I like the Killer Bee's.

Good Day.....

Back
Top Bottom