Anyone catch Kellyco's new pinpointer?

FIREBIRD

Looks like they tried to get the drop on Whites but for $179.99?
a9ytyzag.jpg

http://youtu.be/UcNOaTp9Elg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They throw it away with all new X-Terra purchases, even with 305, so I guess a fair price for this Vulcan maybe 50 bucks.

I'd 2nd waiting on the White's model. Kellyco tends to produce junk and overprice crappy items. I'm not saying the pinpointer is not a good one but I don't have much faith in any products they produce or price other than name brand detectors. Hell, they sell the Automaxx for $130, which is worth no more than $30.

Unless I missed something, I have yet to see or hear the actual range in open air or ground for this thing. That right there would seriously put me on pause for any excitement. martin

I think I'll stick with my GPP and Fisher F-pointers.

I am not shelling out more money for another pinpointer. I think its crazy to pay that much money for a pinpointer.

I would not have the GPP if I did not receive it as a gift this Christmas.

at the end of it the Video he does an air test at the highest sens. range and it picks it up pretty far

That air test is probably a sound dub over. That thing is probably made by the same people who make the viper. Check out what they say about the viper. Then look on forums what guys who actually used one had to say:lol:

That air test is probably a sound dub over. That thing is probably made by the same people who make the viper. Check out what they say about the viper. Then look on forums what guys who actually used one had to say:lol:

I agree. Kellyco has become a joke.

Sponsors on here destroy their prices and the products they sell Like the viper you mentioned,,,they make it out to be a end all detector. LOL at Kellyco

$179???? Wow, must be Post Digger Show price

Looks nice but you can almost buy a EuroTek for that. You can get another good little used detector for that too. I've hunted all my years without a pin pointer, just use the waving the handful of dirt under the coil method. Guess I'll just have to keep doing it.

I don't care if Kellyco even would be the cheapest on a detector, etc., it's one company I'd never do any business. I'll bet dollars to donuts that new pinpointer of theirs is !!!!.

Reasons I don't like Kellyco:

1. They tried to capitalize on the popularity of the excellent Hot Shot coils marketed by Jimmy Sierra by introducing a line of coils called Hot Head. By choosing a similar name, they added confusion to try and siphon off sales of an excellent product to a completely crappy one, backed up by NUMEROUS reviews of those coils. They advertised extreme depth and great separation, and people couldn't hardly even keep a stable machine with one on much less detect at 1/2 the range of their stock coils.

2. They have a very sorted history of the complete scam products long-range locators. They appear to have been the manufacturer of many, tried to hide that fact, and promoted the heck out of them with full page ads in the detecting magazines. We're talking devices they advertised for north of $1000 with sand and resistors in the tubes, old phone circuit boards, and dials hooked directly up to the switch / battery so when you pull a trigger the dial moves. That's it. If you want to know more, search for "the case against Kellyco" and do some further reading on those LRL's when they were taken apart on the site result.

I don't deal with dishonest people or companies, and all signs point to that with Kellyco.

They say they took customer suggestions to design it but they never mentioned whether it was waterproof, which I assume means it isn't. Once again people will have to slop goop all over it to make it waterproof. It always seems to me to be the problem with the ProPointer.

Secondly I wouldn't buy it because of that video. It was downright awkward, the way he fakely moves the pinpointer around and pulls it out of the holster. Just weird. Plus personally the sound these pinpointers make drive me crazy. I prefer the vibraprobe. It's completely waterproof and only works on vibration so when I'm detecting in the woods I'm not making a racket. Just my 2 pennies.:D

Plus personally the sound these pinpointers make drive me crazy.
Minelab and White's probe both allow you to turn off the speakers and just use vibration.

I had a Vibraprobe that finally went bad on me. I personally hated the tilt upright to turn on feature since it took a minute after detection to turn off, and it greatly interfered with the detector while on.

That's too bad, I wouldn't mind trying a different brand. While I've always used the vibraprobe and I like them they aren't perfect. They are a bit bigger than the propointer and I'm not a huge fan of the method of turning them on/off. You flip it upside down to turn it on and then they turn off automatically after a minute of not detecting anything. Problem is, if you happen to have the tip hanging in a way where it's near metal (keys in you pocket etc.) then they buzz and the minute starts all over again. That said, I'd still take those drawbacks for the qualities it does have.

BTW, your super quick on the response time.:laughing: I'll be timing the next one.:laughing:

to turn it on and then they turn off automatically after a minute of not detecting anything. Problem is, if you happen to have the tip hanging in a way where it's near metal (keys in you pocket etc.) then they buzz and the minute starts all over again.
That's not the only one though. With it on, hanging at your side as you move onto the next target, it would interfere with the detector on the swing on that side (audible interference / false signals). That got old VERY quick.

As I said, mine eventually stopped working / falsing badly, so I replaced it with a GPP. I do like the GPP much better and find it works better as well, but I agree...I hate the inability to not turn the speaker off. If you do have to have a waterproof model, than yes, the vibraprobe is the only one I know of.

Back
Top Bottom