Banner day in Richmond, VA

n3tuf

I was invited to hunt with a few of my friends who has permission to hunt properties South of Richmond. It was like hunting in spring with temperatures in the 70's. We arrived at the first field and got into our gear. I started across the field and had gone only about a hundred yards and heard a good signal and dug down about 6 inches and to my surprise found a Louisiana State Seal button. I knew it was going to be a great day. I was hoping for a button but didn't expect one as nice as that in great condition with the shank still intact. I hunted for about an hour and also found a two cent piece from 1866. We then moved to another field were I found a Cavalry button, a silver Trime, seven three ringers, a knapsack hook and other relics. Wow! We have two more days of hunting so we will see how it goes.

congrats but I gota say it lol

never happen till the pic's are up lol jking

Congratulations. You have got to show us those buttons though, I really like civil war buttons.

Awesome finds. I'll be in Richmond in a couple weeks and stay until spring. I'd love to come along on future hunts.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• WoodysSaturdayFinds.JPG
    WoodysSaturdayFinds.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Louisiana-CalvalrySM.jpg
    Louisiana-CalvalrySM.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 255
  • SharpsHoleSM.JPG
    SharpsHoleSM.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Woody2dayfindsSM.jpg
    Woody2dayfindsSM.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 255
  • WesChrisWoodySM.JPG
    WesChrisWoodySM.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 254
  • CutReale17.jpg
    CutReale17.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 254
  • AdenaPointSM.jpg
    AdenaPointSM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 253
  • TerryChrisSM.jpg
    TerryChrisSM.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 257
  • EnfieldInSituSM.jpg
    EnfieldInSituSM.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 255
n3tuf , I like the arrow head :D to bad rock didn't have some alloy properties.

On second thought of that thinking process where I live I would have nothing but rock hits, you would have to use rock discrimination :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom