My Snake Boots came today!!

What did those poor snakes ever do to you? : )

those things are badass... now only if they had them in desert camo
thinking.gif

z,
I never met a snake I liked!!!!!

Thanks, Jimmy, I like the way the gaiters pop off and you've just got a nice hiking boot. I thought they were pretty cool.

Nice boots. I just wear some Steel Toe work boots from Walmart. Of course, I don't have rattlers or anything on this side of the mountains, so the worst I have to worry about is a Garter snake.

dont know about you folk but i never got on friendly terms with snakes to determine what sort of snake it is
i just RUN

dont know about you folk but i never got on friendly terms with snakes to determine what sort of snake it is
i just RUN

Mr. Air + SNAKE NAME HERE =
runaway.gif

Haha... awww come on, am I the only snake antagonizer here?

That's right, MrAir!!! LOL
In that article I posted above it said something about telling vipers from other snakes by looking at the scales on the underside of the tail.....It does go on to warn you not to pick up a live snake to look!!!! AS IF!!!! LOL

I see a snake, I'm gone!! I got the boots for just in case he sees me first!!!! LOL

i got my snake boots from cabelas as well but they are rocky brand,i like the looks of yours tho. im not afraid of snakes by any meens,when i see one i simply pick it up and move it out of my way. we have water moccasins,cotton mouths and the occasional timber rattler but all 3 are rare. ive been tagged more then once by snakes but all where non venomous.

Funny seeing this post. I almost stepped on a big bullsnake when I stepped off our front porch this afternoon, and 'bout had a heart attack! I made my husband kill it anyway, because I was getting ready to work in my flower beds. I can handle a rat or a mouse, but I JUST DON"T DO SNAKES! Make's you think twice about getting some snake boots! We have prarrie rattler's, and copperheads in our area.
GiGi

The dreaded gaboon viper is said to be migrating to the south. Snake boots are not effective for these deadly reptiles...........................

The dreaded gaboon viper is said to be migrating to the south. Snake boots are not effective for these deadly reptiles...........................

Aren't those things generally only in Africa? And if snake teeth don't penetrate the snake boot, I'd say that's pretty effective...
shrug.gif

They rear and strike generally above knee and mid thigh. Didnt you see all the giraffes wearing hip boots on the national geo special?

Nice boots. I just wear some Steel Toe work boots from Walmart. Of course, I don't have rattlers or anything on this side of the mountains, so the worst I have to worry about is a Garter snake.

Don't you find it difficult to metal detect wearing steel toed boots?

i dont have a problem with snakes really. in the US there really arent any dangerous snakes. the mojave rattlesnake is the only one youd have to worry about, but its pretty rare and only found in and around the desert that gives it its name. Coral snakes would be dangerous, but they are rear fanged and they need to chew on you to inject their venom. all the other baddies that you hear about (copperheads, cottonmouths, and various other rattlers) will cause pain and thats it. sometimes some people are allergic, and that would cause some issues. i have personally been bitten by a copperhead. painful, yes, but not really dangerous.

Just dont let anyone convince you there are any deadly snakes in the US

There are an average of 10 deaths in the US annually. But most are children and the elderly. Poor immune systems are the main culprit. I have been bitten twice, but only because I was worrying them to death.

i dont have a problem with snakes really. in the US there really arent any dangerous snakes. the mojave rattlesnake is the only one youd have to worry about, but its pretty rare and only found in and around the desert that gives it its name. Coral snakes would be dangerous, but they are rear fanged and they need to chew on you to inject their venom. all the other baddies that you hear about (copperheads, cottonmouths, and various other rattlers) will cause pain and thats it. sometimes some people are allergic, and that would cause some issues. i have personally been bitten by a copperhead. painful, yes, but not really dangerous.

Just dont let anyone convince you there are any deadly snakes in the US

I don't have any personal experience (being bitten), but I understand in most cases small children are mainly the ones at risk from US snakebite. I don't think they even recommend the old "cut and suck" treatment anymore.

Back
Top Bottom