Getting Back In The Game!

Eric1

Hello! Been a long time since I posted on here and haven't done much detecting recently. I hunt mostly the forests around camp sites and trails. I've found some interesting things with my Garrett Ace 250. I have a problem with lots of trash and soil mineralization though. Anyone have experience with forests hunts in trashy areas that may suggest a good detector that I should consider? I'm currently looking at the Garrett AT Gold. I'm in Colorado, don't know that I would find any gold nuggets, but I hear the search coil is better in trashy areas.

I have an At pro and it is much better than the Ace .
You may want to get an Equinox 600 instead, It's even better than the At gold .

Hi,
If you are just occasionally nugget hunting the 600 would be fine plus you will get the 6" coil included in the current deal. I live in Colorado too and my former AT Gold had trouble with some of the mineralization. Then again, one of my sometimes hunting buddies does great with his AT Gold but he does not use it for prospecting in bad ground. The 600 and 800 have no trouble with any of the moderate to high mineralization that I hunt in. Ace 250 to Nox 600 will be a big jump if you go that way. Be patient and take your time learning it.
Jeff

Hi,
If you are just occasionally nugget hunting the 600 would be fine plus you will get the 6" coil included in the current deal. I live in Colorado too and my former AT Gold had trouble with some of the mineralization. Then again, one of my sometimes hunting buddies does great with his AT Gold but he does not use it for prospecting in bad ground. The 600 and 800 have no trouble with any of the moderate to high mineralization that I hunt in. Ace 250 to Nox 600 will be a big jump if you go that way. Be patient and take your time learning it.
Jeff

Have you ever found any gold nuggets in Colorado with your metal detector?

Back
Top Bottom