• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pinpointers

the dane

Hi looking at upgrading my pinpointer. Was going to get the minelab profind 35. But now reading about the whites TRX. YouTube says the TRX has way more power in the tip where Minelab has it on the sides as a TRX Has No Sensitivity on the sides. Correct? I have 3 local walk in stores that sell the 35, the TRX will be an online order. Cheers. Oh replacing a minelab 15

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just wondering. Ever thought about downgrading? I have a garrett treasure probe for many years now and it works great! Need no other.

It kind of depends on personal preference. I had the TRX, and it is a great pinpointer, but I had problems finding targets because the sides of the pointer were not picking up the target. You had to use just the tip, which is a much smaller area, to get a signal and I'm used to the Garrett Pro Pointer where I could just slide it in the soil and it would hit on the target and it made finding it much quicker for me.

Now I will say the TRX is deeper.

My problem now is my Deus & Equinox will find targets my pointers will not hit on unless you are right on them. I find some sequins my pointers just won't find unless you lay it right on the tip.

The trx is a great pinpointer. It is probably the deepest which I find very helpful. It's detection is like a flashlight beam which can be very helpful. You will know if the tip has gone past the target if it's in the sidewall and you'll know exactly when you're pointing at the target. It can sometimes make for a slower recovery by having the small beam of detection. The light is not very bright if that makes a difference to you.

I probably own most of the brand name pinpointers. I find that the tip only sensing is the best and it does "pin point" the target. Where you have the Garrett type of pointer with the sensing up the shaft it is a general locator because of the broad area it is trying to sense. I favor the TRX as my go to tool that I use most and the great sensing tends to put me on target much deeper that the rest.

I believe on most pinpointers you can detune them to an object just like you can with your detector. Just move it to the side and press the button again. It should narrow down the area.

I carry the TRX, plus a 360 degree pointer. The TRX gets so pesky, slow right after the initial dig. My F-Pulse gets most of the job done, yet the TRX is ideal for those signals showing the target is still within its expected depth range, before giving up.

I would have a hard time using the TRX 100%. My tired body can only stay bent over, or on my knees for just so long, during a hunt. I dig faster, and find more, using a 360 degree pinpointer,,,if I am limited to just one pointer.

which brands are TIP only? i have garrett but want one that just reads out of the tip. Thanks

I carry the TRX, plus a 360 degree pointer. The TRX gets so pesky, slow right after the initial dig. My F-Pulse gets most of the job done, yet the TRX is ideal for those signals showing the target is still within its expected depth .......
I too use the trx and f-pulse. I don't carry both on me. I don't know which one I like better. Those two are my favourites, both have pros and cons as does everything.

The only one I'm aware of that is tip only is the trx and again it detects FORWARD of the tip like a flashlight beam not 360 degrees FROM the tip.

Back
Top Bottom