What do you use to video tape your hunts?

I've never videoed but I love to watch good videos. I'm just gonna throw a suggestion at you. If you are going to make these public, I think they are a lot more interesting and informational if you can capture everything, including sounds from the time you start getting the signal of the target all the way through revealing the big find. I look forward to seeing some of what you shoot.

x2 I enjoy getting to listen to what the detector is telling the operator as well as getting to see the vdi in the videos as it is really helpful to a new guy like myself.

x2 I enjoy getting to listen to what the detector is telling the operator as well as getting to see the vdi in the videos as it is really helpful to a new guy like myself.

Yea x3 lol I kno what ya mean. I like to watch detecting vids and that's a plus

Ok Digger im sold. Ur cam has great pic looks to be in HD am I right? And was that real gold u found and was it hollow? How much did she weigh?

1080p 30 frames per second.

Yes, real 14k gold, 4.7 grams.
Fooled me because it was light for its size but the thing is hollow and the walls are thin so that is why.
Online, medallions that are similar sell new for about the $175 to $250 range.
Story here...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=167363

Some mount their cameras to the shaft, I guess the chest strap could work but the only way to show what is on the screen as I hunt and what happens when I dig a hole and recover a target is with the head strap.

Here is another one that shows what I do and these type of vids are more interesting to me than the ones that show an open hole and a find already dug.
The quality isn't the greatest on this one but that has to do with my older computer slowing down during processing more than the camera.

All the editing was done using the free software you can download off their site.
You can also download a free wifi controller program for an Android phone or an I Phone but the wifi really drains the battery fast so I only use it to set up the camera view and then I tun it off.

This is my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigger1955

Some GoPro vids, a few with my phone, some I used my Panasonic handheld.

Most are for informational purposes that I have been doing for awhile.
One is about making pancakes I did for Coin_Master because he was whining about burning some of his.

I will do more GoPro vids this year.
I actually have hours of hunts recorded, I had to delete a ton because they took up so much space on my hard drive.

I keep the ones that are interesting or show me digging up something cool but those cool ones like gold are rare and hard to figure out when they will happen and I run out of battery time sometimes when they do show up.
The battery in the GoPro only lasts about 2-21/2 hours so this year I will get an extra one because they are relatively cheap and try to catch most of my longer hunts just in case something good pops up.
With the F70 I expect that will happen a little more often.

Digger I was still on the bubble about buying a 4 inch coil for my F2 until I watched all the vids on your channel. I am ABSOLUTELY getting one this week. :D Subscribed to your channel and can't wait for more/new videos. They are a wealth of information! You actually had one that answered a specific question I was wondering about just this afternoon!

Digger I was still on the bubble about buying a 4 inch coil for my F2 until I watched all the vids on your channel. I am ABSOLUTELY getting one this week. :D Subscribed to your channel and can't wait for more/new videos. They are a wealth of information! You actually had one that answered a specific question I was wondering about just this afternoon!

yea the man knows what hes doing that's for sure. Hard to believe hes only been swinging a detector for 4 years I think.

Since I mounted that 4" coil which I got for what, $15 in the 2 coil package when I bought my F2, the thing has found me about $1500 in clad and jewelry at melt prices and over $2000 if I sell some of this gold I still have on the street instead.
A no brainer as far as I am concerned.

Ok ordered 2 other toys so maybe the gopro I can get next week and then I seriously gotta stop buying supplys and go find some gold. But as always Bart at Bigboy Hobbies took care of me. Bought the 18''Sampson shovel and the uniprobe for the F75se. But I am getten the gopro for sure asap I think that will be VERY VERY fun taking u guys out in the field with me digging but after the gopro if I buy anything else metal detecting related my jewelry finds will have to buy them. But wanted to get my supplys and detector decent before I got the go pro and took u guys with me to the field so stay tuned.

Thinking about going ahead and pulling the trigger on the best Go pro after my metal detector purchase if theres any money left over which I doubt it esp since if I get a minelab lol. But always wanted to try one.

Back
Top Bottom