Differnces between the Lesche and Garrett diggers

shedigz

Elite Member
They look very similar so i am just wondering what the differences are. I am thinking of getting one or the other. I would like to have some more info so I can make the best decision.

If you want a great digger look no further than the predator raptor model 31! Its a beast

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

They may look similar, but when you have them in your hand you can feel the difference... The Lesche is a better quality tool and will last you forever... Its a lil more money, but worth it...:D

The Lesche is better quality steel that's been heat treated and tempered. The Predator line is just as good if not better. I have a Garrett I will sell for $20 shipped.

I have both the Lesche and the Garrett diggers. I believe the Lesche to be superior to the Garrett. The Lesche slides into the soil and cuts plugs easier, is easier to maneuver in the soil, and feels lighter in the hand. Great tool, and very happy I found one at a good price from a member here.

With a little sharpening, the Garrett is very good, just not as good as the Lesche, IMHO.

I would go with the Garrett! Lesche and predator tools charge ridiculous prices for a product that they give very lousy customer service on, should it ever break....and THEY DO BREAK! Garrett on the other hand is a pleasant company to deal with and they stand behind what they sell...with a smile, not a smart aleck new jersey attitude! That makes a world of difference to me, knowing I am supporting a company that appreciates my business and my satisfaction with their products. Garrett all the way in this case...no question!

LittleJohn

Country of Origin

Garrett - China (really?)
Lesche - USA

I would rather pay a few bucks more and 'buy American' when it's definitely a quality tool. Kind of strange for Garrett since their detectors are US designed and manufactured, but I guess manufacturing digging tools isn't what they are about. Who knows, maybe they did design it and just farmed out the manufacturing.

"For every sour apple", there's an orchard of sweet ones"

I would go with the Garrett! Lesche and predator tools charge ridiculous prices for a product that they give very lousy customer service on, should it ever break....and THEY DO BREAK! Garrett on the other hand is a pleasant company to deal with and they stand behind what they sell...with a smile, not a smart aleck new jersey attitude! That makes a world of difference to me, knowing I am supporting a company that appreciates my business and my satisfaction with their products. Garrett all the way in this case...no question!

LittleJohn

We know, we know your issues. However, Quality is quality when it comes to the Lesche and Predator digging tools. IMHO the best you can buy!!! Yes they cost more, but they will work and work and work and work and work and work for a long long.........time. Problem free for the most of the orchard (us).:lol:

LittleJohn

I am getting a Predator so if I ever break it we will see what issues I have,
I can tell you I have broken diggers from their sister company, Lesche, (if you see how I use these and what kind of huge rocks and big iron I pry up sometimes you will see why), but I just send them in, no warranty card and no questions asked, and within a week I get a free replacement and others have had exactly the same experience.

Not sure why Predator is so different since they are essentially the same company, but I don't believe they are in the same building and each business is not run by the same people so that might come into play.

The Lesche side has been around longer, probably has long time employees that are efficient and competent and good at their jobs, maybe the Predator side not so much but who knows.

Still, nothing else I have ever used or have seen would probably stand up to the abuse I dish out, I have held that Garret thing in my hand and I know that wouldn't, so I will stay with these companies till something better comes along.

Back
Top Bottom