12-28-2013 More Minie balls, round balls, and rivet

Seven

Forum Supporter
Hit our Civil War site for a little while again today and got back into some of the .58 caliber Minie balls. Don't think I found a .58 cal the last two days. Also picked up a rivet.

Attachments

• 12-28-2013 finds.JPG
    12-28-2013 finds.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 270
Im jealous of your place bro! Sometime you're gonna find a belt plate or something! Cant wait! But dang, i'll take lead any day!

Im jealous of your place bro! Sometime you're gonna find a belt plate or something! Cant wait! But dang, i'll take lead any day!

Yeah Donneybrook I'm not complaining. I love digging 3-ringers and consider ourselves lucky to have found a site like this. Today's finds brings the total to 114 relics, the most of which are bullets.

Here is a ground photo of the site we have been hunting. The camp is located on the slope that is pictured of this field. It is a relatively small area. The finds are pretty well confined thus far to a 300 foot square area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 233
That is some beautiful land you have to hunt..whats the history there?

The site we are hunting is a Union camp. There were a couple of battles close to the camp. Union forces were routed July 9, 1862 by John Hunt Morgan. This was Morgan's first battle in the Kentucky raid.

Nice hunt seven! I'm just waiting for the text from you holding a breast plate or buckle!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom