Sniper Coil or Vibra-Probe (ACE 250)

GeorgiaJay

Forum Supporter
Hey everybody,
I am a little torn between buying a Vibra-Probe 570 or buying a 4.5" Sniper Coil for use with my ACE 250. I went out today, on my first dig, in a tot lot that has shredded tree mulch. I found my first quarter, some pennies, a small rectangular silver object, a very old spoon (possibly silver), and a bunch of trash. So far, the Garret ACE 250 seems to work pretty well, but I am spending too much time pinpointing, detuning, and digging for objects. I think a pinpointer would save me a lot of time, energy, and would help me to not scratch coins all up. I scrathched the hell out of a dime that was in my backyard. Luckily, it was just a clad dime. A 4.5" Sniper Coil would be nice for trashy areas, under bleachers, and for use near other metal objects. What do you guys think would be a better purchase?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use an Ace but I'll take a shot on generic use of a sniper versus vibra. The sniper will potentially be more valuable to you more often, especially when working around tot lot equipment, or fences. The coil is so small that pinpointing should be pretty dang easy.

Add the Vibra later.

The other interesting thing about pinpointers is that some people swear by them and others find them useless. It really is more of a style or preference thing.

My 2 corroded zincs. Your finds may vary. Tax, tag, and title not included.

I have them both and IMHO I wouldn't be without the vibraprobe!!! Don't leave home without it! I don't use my sniper coil all the time but I use the probe every hunt.

Get them both. The sniper is also good in the woods - easier to move around the sticks ans shoots. My pinpointer has been down for a month or two - takes a lot longer to find an object with only a probe. I've got to get that fixed.

re: Get them both

Get them both. The sniper is also good in the woods - easier to move around the sticks ans shoots. My pinpointer has been down for a month or two - takes a lot longer to find an object with only a probe. I've got to get that fixed.

I probably should. You can never have too many md'ing supplies!

Back
Top Bottom