First Class Ring, First Silver Ring, and FIRST RETURN! With an awesome story!

PA_Rob

Today was an awesome day! I went to the playground/field at an old elementary school that I've covered before with my ACE 250, but after recently buying an AT Pro I figured I'd sweep through it again. Less than an hour into the hunt, I got an awesome looking hit, and was in awe when I pulled out a 1962 High School class ring from the high school which I just graduated from last year! And it still looked amazing! Now...To find out who it belongs to. It took a few hours and about 10 phone calls, but after my dad calling a friend who had some old year books, we narrowed the owner down to two people based on the initials on the inside of the ring. It wasn't too hard to get the phone number of one of the potential owners, but unfortunately it wasn't his. It took a lot longer, and it wasn't easy to find, but I finally found the number of the other person who had the same initials and had graduated in 1962. It just so happens that she still lived in town! She was in absolute shock when I called her. She had lost the ring right around this time 52 years ago (She had got her class ring a year early) while playing softball, and she has looked for it for years before giving up. She was ecstatic, and I was overjoyed to be able to return the ring to her. It really does feel good to return something special to someone, especially when they haven't seen that something in 52 years! I hope this story puts a smile on some faces, and inspires people to do the same thing. Happy Hunting!

-Rob

Class Ring 6_9-13 (5).jpg

Class Ring 6_9-13 (8).jpg

Class Ring 6_9-13 (10).jpg

Note from Donna.JPG

*** Also found this small Sterling Silver ring***
1st Silver Ring 6_9-13 (1).jpg

*** Also found this small Sterling Silver ring***

Nice find and return! I'm still waiting to hear from the owner of my latest class ring find I hope she checks her alumni website soon.

wow awesome story im still waiting of the return of two found class rings a 58 and 79 hope to have it on video when it happens karma is great !

Back
Top Bottom