• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Best hunt yet!!!!!!!!

Yousername

Elite Member
So today after my colleges mock Skills USA competition(going to regionals for webdesign woot!) I got bored and decided to finally do some door knocking. First house vacant. So off to the second house I have marked on google maps. As I got out of my truck I was met by an older black man and asked permission to hunt the yard(this house is on the 1941 map so its atleast 70 years old) After about an hour I called it quits and walk away with 6 silvers! 1925 merc 1960, 1953 and 1962 rosie, 1943 P war nick and a 1943 quarter and 3 wheaties! Asked if I could come back some other time, said he has to talk to his wife. Hope she gives the me the go!

Update: went over there today, talked to both of them. They said that they recently bought the house and have been working on it all year and don't want someone digging up the yard, I then explained how I dig plugs and leave no trace of me being there. They also said that one of the reasons they moved out to the country was because they don't like people on their property and when people stop by their dogs get excited and they dont want that. Oh well, I atleast got one amazing hunt out of it. Not every day you get a handful of sliver from a short hunt.

Attachments

• 100_8355.jpg
    100_8355.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 589
Congratulations!

Is this the place you mentioned in chat last night?

You topped my year's silver count in one hunt! :(

Using a little tact and professionalism, you'll be back there. :cool:

I need to find a place like this! :D

Congratulations!

Is this the place you mentioned in chat last night?

You topped my year's silver count in one hunt! :(

Using a little tact and professionalism, you'll be back there. :cool:

I need to find a place like this! :D

If i recall i said i was gonna do some door knocking so yea it is one of the places lol, and yea i DOUBLED my silver count in 1 hunt XD had 6 silvers total when i went over there, when i was done i had 12 silvers total :) im a happy camper.

total: 3 mercs, 4 rosies, 3 war nicks 2 washingtons

Nice score!
I never been asked "whats in it for me" :?:
But, I think I would just be genuine. And maybe say something like.. "Well.?.?. nothing for you I guess.. (smiling/kiddingly) and lead into a question about something off topic in the area, like a car or barn or anything they seem to have knowledge or interest in..

Back
Top Bottom