Went looking for jewelry...we found some!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Met up with Treasure Mountain Ed who secured permission on a public site that maybe virgin.

We went looking for jewelry.

There is clad everywhere. In 3.5 hours I dug right at 250 targets. 150 were coins. $19.73 in clad for me. I also dug 5 rings...3 Sterling, 2 plated junkers. I also got a plated necklace and a non precious metal St Christopher medallion. The first ring nearly caused me a stroke...CZ is huge and sparkly, lol!

Just before we had to leave Ed got his only jewelry of the day...two 10k small ladies rings in same plug. We barely scratched the surface today and are going back tomorrow. We can only be on site when gubmint employees are there.

Hopefully I can get a little gold tomorrow. I dug 46 pulltabs today...

e8531130422c8a5e33ed665ad6934be7.jpg

1b360a3633ea06ef71e53ffc478feb14.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a awful lot of digging Jerry. Congrats on the Sterling Rings and a huge clad total. Hope your return trip is even more successful. Trapper

That is a awful lot of digging Jerry. Congrats on the Sterling Rings and a huge clad total. Hope your return trip is even more successful. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. My back already hurts, but I have gold fever so doing it again tomorrow!

Awesome, congrats on the silver and the rest.

Thanks Jam. Haven’t dug that many targets in a while. Going to pay for it!

Cool finds JW! Nice job on the “urban gold mining”

Thanks Wyo. hopefully I can get over some real yellow tomorrow.

Congrats on all the rings and all the rest!

Thanks Jak!

Now that looks like a lot of fun! Nice digging and Congrats on all the goodies! Congrats to Ed as well! Two yellow in the same hole is pretty fantastic!

A target every 50 seconds on average for 3.5 straight hours. Is that literally beep and dig? I know I often spend more time examining and thinking about a signal than the time it would take to just dig it. I wish somebody would post a video on YouTube of somebody digging at that speed so I can see how it's done. I have a property where I've dug over 300 coins but most were 4+ inches and tons of pull tabs to sort through. It's taken me a lot more than 7 hours to do it (compared to your 3.5 hours for 150 coins).

A target every 50 seconds on average for 3.5 straight hours. Is that literally beep and dig? I know I often spend more time examining and thinking about a signal than the time it would take to just dig it. I wish somebody would post a video on YouTube of somebody digging at that speed so I can see how it's done. I have a property where I've dug over 300 coins but most were 4+ inches and tons of pull tabs to sort through. It's taken me a lot more than 7 hours to do it (compared to your 3.5 hours for 150 coins).

If I was faster I could have dug double. Literally every swing resulted in multiple diggable targets. It’s crazy. I almost quit two hours in.. ground is perfect for plugs and no targets deeper than about 4 inches. It’s crazy. Now, Ed only dug about 1/3 targets...he said, dang you’re fast at recovery. There were several multiple coin spills helping.

Now that looks like a lot of fun! Nice digging and Congrats on all the goodies! Congrats to Ed as well! Two yellow in the same hole is pretty fantastic!

Thanks Ron. It was fun. I may skip quarter signals tomorrow to focus on mid tones. I dug 60 quarters. 5 quarter spills with two/three per.

Nice finds! Sounds like a promising spot. Good luck on return visit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Double up on that ibuprofen! That site sounds great - clearing all those pulltabs will get you to the rings

Back
Top Bottom