Mini-Maga Silver Day--#17, 18, 19, 20 & 21

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
What a day! Today, I went to an abandoned commercial building. The last time I was there was over a year ago. I was surprised to see it was not torn down or sold yet, so I decided to hunt it again.

As to keep the post short, here are my Cliff Notes.

I found five silvers. Quarters: '44, '53 & '58-D. Dimes: '45 & '60. And 22 wheaties, which I have not even checked their dates yet.

But what I think might be the best find of the day is an old smaller pocket watch that appears to possibly be of gold or brass or its composite as there is no rust on the backing and front. I still have not been able to open the back up nor have I put much effort into it either. I wish my photos of it were better.

I think I will be revisiting this site again in the near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my latest post!

Attachments

• Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 002.jpg
    Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 002.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 003.jpg
    Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 003.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 004.jpg
    Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 004.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 006.jpg
    Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 006.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 007.jpg
    Coins Silvers 17-21 04162019 007.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 178
Well done, those silvers are nice as is the pocket watch. Looks like it might be gold, or at least gold plated, but brass usually doesn't come out that shiny out the ground.

Thank you!

Wow! Your killing the quarters! Nice job jak!

Thanks WyoTom! I gone from dimes to quarters. I just hope I can keep this trend up.

Well done, those silvers are nice as is the pocket watch. Looks like it might be gold, or at least gold plated, but brass usually doesn't come out that shiny out the ground.

Thanks sandgrouper! I think you might be right about the watch. After just giving it a light cleaning, it came out pretty clean and bright like gold. I am hoping when I do open it to see some makers' mark in it. It was buried about 6" in the ground.

Wow! Nice outing!!!

Thanks jwp! It is good to know that there are still some good sites out there. And I feel this location has a little bit more to give up.

That there is a heckuva hunt! The pocket watch could use an ultrasonic bath before opening it.

Thanks Foragist! I thinking about soaking it a bit with wd-40 for starters just around the opening and hinge area first. The housing case is in pretty good condition. Overall, it was a decent hunt even to find 22 wheaties.

One very amazing outing John. Congrats on a 5 Silver day along with huge pile of Wheat's. Very nice clad totals also. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! In modern years, I have not found five silvers in a day. It was a nice outing for me just to breakup by usual clad hunts with some interesting finds. Thanks again for your kind words!

Thank you!

Now that is an amazing amount of finds!!! Congrats on the silver!

Thanks Saltshaker! That was one of my best in finding silver days. I was just in the right place at the right time.

Awesome hunt John, congrats on a nice silver score. Return trips for sure. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! I was really surprised in finding those silvers. As I mentioned I had been there before but with another machine. The Nox sure found those coins that I was looking for the last time. I need to get back there soon before who knows what may happen to that property being so accessible.

Back
Top Bottom