Which Digging Tool ??

martin

I live in Georgia with the red clay. which digging tool won't break in the clay or hard dirt? Which one is the best for this kind of ground?

This is what I would use.

Naw, just kidding. Check into a Predator tool (digger or shovel for relics). They are top quality,

Attachments

• Hammer.gif
    Hammer.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,421
I love my Lesche. I went through six other tools before I broke down (pardon the pun) and got a Lesche. I haven't even scared it yet.

Agree with you 100% Digger.

Predator tools are made by Lesche. I hear his ex-wife got the rights to the Lesche line. Poor guy can't use his own name on his tools.

I like the Dig'r. I'm sure the Lesch is a fine tool too. The Dig'r is great for prying up deep plugs. It's like a stiff piece of pipe with a comfortable rubber handle. It will not bend. You can use it by itself (if you're an excellent pinpointer). Shove it in the ground and twist. It will extract a plug about 3/4 inch wide. If you've pinpointed perfectly, your target will be in that plug. I'm not such a good pinpointer yet, that's why I use it mainly as a prying tool.

Attachments

• a0a7_1.jpg
    a0a7_1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,356
the soil around our home in central NC is sandy .... last weekend we spent some time in the mountains of Western NC where we found our Lesche did an excellent job while we were working in red clay soil ... I can recommend it without reservations

Jim

Agree with you 100% Digger.

Predator tools are made by Lesche. I hear his ex-wife got the rights to the Lesche line. Poor guy can't use his own name on his tools.

Rudy,
Actually it's his very own brother and sister!! He got royally screwed in the deal so if you buy tools that say "Lesche" on them you are helping support them. If you really want the true designer to receive what he deserves then buy Preadator tools directly from their website. I had a nice long conversation with him about this just the other day. My Predator tools are on the way!!

John

I found a good digger at Lowes. It is an AMES 7 in 1. cost 14.95 and they also had a sheath sold srperately. It has serrated edges on both sides and cuts roots real good. made of SS. It is real easy on the hand too. I live in Central GA so we have some hard dirt too, especially when it hasn't rained for awhile.

I found a good digger at Lowes. It is an AMES 7 in 1. cost 14.95 and they also had a sheath sold srperately. It has serrated edges on both sides and cuts roots real good. made of SS. It is real easy on the hand too. I live in Central GA so we have some hard dirt too, especially when it hasn't rained for awhile.
Is that the one with the blue handle? I bought one too. While I like the weight, the sturdiness and the cutting edges... I'm not liking the edge on the butt of the handle. I wish the grip was non-slip, too.

There's a similar looking tool sold at Walmart (and others) made by Fiskars. Rounded butt, rubber handle... alluded to in other posts in here (just can't find them right now). I picked it up yesterday for $9.96 and I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Ames 7 in 1

I got mine at Home Depot and love it. I live in Georgia too and he red clay is no problem. It will also cut a nice round plug in grass so you don't leave a mess when you dig deep.

I found a tool ( recomendened by another member) at Target that looks remarkedly like the Lesche but only costs 9.95. The thing is made of stainless and has a nice padded handle. It was in the garden section.I bought it because I'm a cheap son of a gun.

Wayne

I broke my first fiskers digger, don't pry to hard. the other Ames tool looks good but I thought it was Aluminum? I thought I would snap that one also.

Back
Top Bottom