Handy tool for MDing...

fir469

Forum Supporter
Just picked up one of these for $40 from Harbour Freight, item number 93245-0VGA ... Good for just about anywhere you're MDing. Has a 50 Lb pulling force and in sand I'm sure it will pull stuff out from a couple inches down... Any easy trash removal prior to detecting will be helpful in producing less garbage signals and less nulled signals by overlapping targets. I'm gonna walk any spot I detect first with this then MD away...

Attachments

• 93245.gif
    93245.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 420
I put something similar behind my sons electric car so he could "help dad" in the yard. I was really just trying to keep him busy, so I was shocked when it came up covered in nails and other trash. That was a few years ago and before I started detecting. Keep us posted on what you pull out before you hunt, in some cases I can see that being a big time saver.

cb

It makes sense. The switcher trucks at the warehousing place I used to work all had those mounted hanging underneath their front bumper to pick up nails and other sharp metal objects.

fir - good buy - 40 bucks is cheap. I have had one for many years , using it particularly at old railroad sites looking for date nails. Great way to clean out the driveway also, steve in so az

Yep, those are neat items, a pal of mine uses one for when he's done roofing he does the yard to insure all the nails are picked up from ripping the roof off or nails dropped when putting on shingles.. we also use one in the marina

I put something similar behind my sons electric car so he could "help dad" in the yard. I was really just trying to keep him busy, so I was shocked when it came up covered in nails and other trash. That was a few years ago and before I started detecting. Keep us posted on what you pull out before you hunt, in some cases I can see that being a big time saver.

cb

You should attatch that to a go-kart! Have fun and get rid of trash at the same time!:lol:

Rotf

Great idea... too bad it will not work on aluminum.... will certainly save time in trashy areas though. RickO

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice it woul'nt work on pulltabs and canslaw. Still a good idea to scoop up the nails. Really a shame it won't pick up small change, unless.....you live in Canada....Gil

We have a home-made one that an old neighbor gave us. In our yard we've probably picked up 5 pounds of rusty nails, wire, bolts, etc.! We wish it would pick up aluminium, too!

emdees

Back
Top Bottom