Backpack for 15”, 6” coils and waterproof wired headphones?

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Anybody have a recommendation for a backpack or ? that will hold an Equinox 800 15” and 6” coils, along with the Minelab yellow headphones? Not the detector just the accessories.

Thinking for trips, camping, trunk...

Just curious if someone uses something they really like.

Thanks.

I found a backpack under a tree while detecting. It was empty but I use it to keep my detecting equipment together when going detecting.
backpack.jpg

I found a backpack under a tree while detecting. It was empty but I use it to keep my detecting equipment together when going detecting.
View attachment 473711

Thanks for the reply! Well I’m glad it was empty, as if I saw a backpack left under a tree like that I’d be afraid there would be a human head in it! :lol:

I will look for a wide backpack. The one I have is too narrow and the 15” coil won’t fit. I’d prefer one with some padding in it to protect things a bit... have to see what I can find!

Ended up ordering a SOG OPORD backpack off amazon for $32

It’s a really nice backpack with plenty of room for gear.

15” Nox coil fits nicely in the main compartment. 6” coil fits into a zipper section in the main area too. Waterproof headphones fit into a zipper pocket on the outside, charging cords in another zippered section. Water hunting pouch also in the main compartment but inside the laptop sleeve area. Room for lot more too! Very happy with it.

Attachments

• 11FA4840-DE31-4ECB-ADA2-035FF0AEB10A.jpeg
    11FA4840-DE31-4ECB-ADA2-035FF0AEB10A.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 3560FC71-FDC6-45BC-BE97-D9DB74FAA265.jpeg
    3560FC71-FDC6-45BC-BE97-D9DB74FAA265.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 4295531F-65A2-41E7-A3E1-63CA220DC94D.jpeg
    4295531F-65A2-41E7-A3E1-63CA220DC94D.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 263
  • 4E9E6731-0A8D-473A-8633-398AA3884F1B.jpeg
    4E9E6731-0A8D-473A-8633-398AA3884F1B.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 256
GS sounds like your getting serious. Tired of school house Rosie's huh ? Going after the old stuff ? Ha ha. Hey anything that make an outing more safe, or enjoyable I'm all for it. Congrats on the new setup and good luck. Mark

Nice setup, Jeff. I have a very similar backpack that i use when i wander. The side buckle serves double duty and holds my 18" predator shovel perfectly along the side. Glad to see youre getting out more!

GS sounds like your getting serious. Tired of school house Rosie's huh ? Going after the old stuff ? Ha ha. Hey anything that make an outing more safe, or enjoyable I'm all for it. Congrats on the new setup and good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark. Well I finally have some nice gear, but getting out and to old locations ain’t easy still. Hoping to get more opportunities soon!!! I can try!

Nice setup, Jeff. I have a very similar backpack that i use when i wander. The side buckle serves double duty and holds my 18" predator shovel perfectly along the side. Glad to see youre getting out more!

Hey Jeff! I attached my 18” Sampson on the side of this pack. Put some spare gloves and a couple 9v spares. Still hard to get out and where(?) not many spots near me. Waiting for them to tear up the ballfield and park.... otherwise - tried some spots in my town, missed a second street tear out (they did it in one day, well to packed gravel anyway - that’s frustrating!) and dang if it didn’t get way cold real fast - makes me feel like an old man! Ugh. Hope to get out more... still!!! Good to hear from you, take care man!

Groundsweeper .......Do you think a Simplex with a coil could fit into space inside the front flap .....bottom of mesh pouch...I know it will stick out at the top .....I now have it in a high sierra pack ....it works fine but am interested in the Sog Thanks for any advice you may offer ! Pete

Groundsweeper .......Do you think a Simplex with a coil could fit into space inside the front flap .....bottom of mesh pouch...I know it will stick out at the top .....I now have it in a high sierra pack ....it works fine but am interested in the Sog Thanks for any advice you may offer ! Pete

The “pouch” is about 12” deep... I would not think any detector could sit in that outside pouch and be secure - unless you added a strap and it wasn’t very long in its collapsed state?

Thanks for the fast reply....the Simplex when telescoped down is 25 inches.......how about the pouch against the pack ...zippered I think ? Maybe velcro it at the top ? Or strap at lower point ? any thoughts since you have the bag in real time so to speak !

I forgot to add I only take the pack 300 feet to my car and maybe very short walk to site !

Well, I ordered a Sog pack .....and it worked out good with my Simplex .....nice pack !!

Back
Top Bottom