Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-01-2019, 06:36 PM
pryan67's Avatar
pryan67 pryan67 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 2,088
Default

Is the book still in the original format? I've read that it's "stapled" pages rather than bound...personally I prefer a bound book (or kindle edition ) although both are readable, but before I spend the money I want to know what it is.

__________________
Fisher F2, ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Gator digger., PP-AT, AT-Pro, and a Nox 800

Reply With Quote


  #22  
Old 01-04-2019, 06:01 PM
maxxkatt's Avatar
maxxkatt maxxkatt is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,505
Default

Originally Posted by pryan67 View post
Is the book still in the original format? I've read that it's "stapled" pages rather than bound...personally I prefer a bound book (or kindle edition ) although both are readable, but before I spend the money I want to know what it is.
It is stapled. but I find the good information more than compensates for stapled and a few proof reading errors.

Keep in mind that a bound book, professionally proof read by a publisher would sell for $24+ due to the very small market of 800 users compared to a popular fiction book published in the hundreds of thousands.

That is just plain publishing economics.

__________________
If the price of aluminum was $1,300 per ounce I would be a wealthy man. Nox 800, Simplex+ - North Atlanta

Reply With Quote


  #23  
Old 01-06-2019, 04:03 PM
pryan67's Avatar
pryan67 pryan67 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 2,088
Default

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post
It is stapled. but I find the good information more than compensates for stapled and a few proof reading errors.

Keep in mind that a bound book, professionally proof read by a publisher would sell for $24+ due to the very small market of 800 users compared to a popular fiction book published in the hundreds of thousands.

That is just plain publishing economics.


True...I understand the economic factors....I just prefer a bound book...

I wish it had a Kindle edition though...that would be GREAT for me...of course, the cost associated with that would be quite high for the few people who would prefer the Kindle edition...

__________________
Fisher F2, ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Gator digger., PP-AT, AT-Pro, and a Nox 800

Reply With Quote


  #24  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:50 AM
cjc cjc is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 143
Default

Originally Posted by harivney View post
Its worth it ---but..
- its 5.5 x 8 inches with small font
- should have had someone proof read it for typos (page 1 even has a typo)
- unlike Minelab user manual, he did not take the time to indicate portions that only apply to 800.
...better typos than ads...
cjc
Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 09-03-2019, 11:02 PM
cjc cjc is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 143
Default yes

just shoot me a note at cliveclynick@rogers.com
Originally Posted by CJayC View post
I've got a copy coming this Friday. If it ends up being one of those first 50 copies, with the typos and small font, might there be a way to setup an exchange for one of the corrected versions?
Reply With Quote


  #26  
Old 09-06-2019, 11:56 PM
OBN's Avatar
OBN OBN is offline
OldCherryPicker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,272
Default

Even though Clives books maybe a little rough on the edges sometimes for sure he is one of the Best, the guy lives, breaths, and bleeds treasures. I've learned many things from him and his writings on beach hunting and the BBS machine....I won't be buying any of his Nox books but for sure if we ever see this thing Called the "AQ" and he writes a book on it...I'll be at the front of the line waiting.

__________________
Blood Member of RingKeepers
2019.....Gold rings..115..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 306

Reply With Quote


  #27  
Old 10-10-2019, 02:59 PM
cjc cjc is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 143
Default Thanks for Your Comments Joe

There was some stuff going on here that was a bit removed from reality. I do my best to write an informative book that's worth the money. Great to see you having another killer season.
Regards
clive
Originally Posted by OBN View post
Even though Clives books maybe a little rough on the edges sometimes for sure he is one of the Best, the guy lives, breaths, and bleeds treasures. I've learned many things from him and his writings on beach hunting and the BBS machine....I won't be buying any of his Nox books but for sure if we ever see this thing Called the "AQ" and he writes a book on it...I'll be at the front of the line waiting.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Tags
clive james clynick, equinox

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.