Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Notices

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:42 PM
dumbdigger dumbdigger is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,131
Default 1810 Permission!

I have been I ballin this place for years.
Last Wednesday I secured the permission.
I have been sooooo giddy since then I couldnt wait to hit it!
Owner said its been done before. Usually when I hear that, I take it as a challenge!!! Game on!!!
So, today I finally had free time, without rain.

Name:  DSC_2804.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  DSC_2806.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  145.9 KB

Name:  DSC_2810.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  126.8 KB

Name:  DSC_2814.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  DSC_2812.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  124.1 KB

Name:  DSC_2813.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  115.8 KB

__________________
1987 Nerds Detector *2019 silver coin 44---IHP 11 V. Nick 1---Buff 7---LC 2---Gold 0--- Sterling 2---
My observation is to learn how the detector you own functions and responds.

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:44 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 13,591
Default

Awesome day man! Congrats!

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO PATRIOTS!
☆W-174~IH-26~Coppas-21~Tokens-3☆
☆Silva-65~Ster-25~Gold-6
☆Oldest Coin FTY:1722 Woods Hibernia☆

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 06-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Tom_in_CA's Avatar
Tom_in_CA Tom_in_CA is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10,394
Default

Nice. I love the landscape pix of the actual location.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 06-17-2019, 10:17 PM
WyoTom's Avatar
WyoTom WyoTom is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,803
Default

Congrats on the great finds!

__________________
Nox 800

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 06-18-2019, 12:26 AM
MCH MCH is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Upstate New York.
Posts: 36
Default

Nice lawn. :-)

__________________
Equinox 600 & 800

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:32 AM
HDMontana's Avatar
HDMontana HDMontana is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 934
Default

Nice silvers and IHP. Like the relics as well. Congrats.

HD
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 06-18-2019, 07:17 AM
coin whisperer's Avatar
coin whisperer coin whisperer is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Danville,Va
Posts: 15,911
Default

Very nice finds!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
YTD 2019 (349)Wheaties (10)IHP (1)Two Center (18)Buffs (1) Shield Nickle (2)V Nickle (11)War Nickle (64)Silver coins (15)Silver jewelry (1)Gold ring- Oldest Coin 1740-1745 Chinese Cash Coin Gao Zong Boo Yuan mint

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:14 AM
E-TRAC-OHIO's Avatar
E-TRAC-OHIO E-TRAC-OHIO is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Posts: 1,563
Default

Congrats on the great bunch of finds !

A photo of that house and yard could be on the cover of a metal detecting magazine !

__________________
XP Deus * Minelab E-Trac
Oldest Coin - 1724 K.G. Half Penny * Oldest Silver Coin - 1783 Half Real

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 06-18-2019, 09:11 AM
METALMANIAC-NY's Avatar
METALMANIAC-NY METALMANIAC-NY is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY
Posts: 2,191
Default

Nice permission......sweet finds!

__________________
XP DEUS, AT PRO Oldest Coin- 1697 William III Half Penny, 1719 KGI 1730 KGII, 1751 Fernando VI One Reale. 1796 Liberty Cap LC

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 06-18-2019, 09:32 AM
ToySoldier's Avatar
ToySoldier ToySoldier is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,097
Default

Nice! I don't pay any attention when somebody says a property has been detected, especially if it's a yard of that size. Smaller "trashy" yards, too. As you said, I'll take that challenge any day. Every time I dig a coin that can only be detected from about 30 degrees out of a total of 360 degrees around the target, and only by going slow, I'm reminded of how many hours it takes to "hunt out" even a small property. There are sections of parks with hundreds of hours of detecting time on them that still give up some goods. My house is on nearly an acre and it took me approximately 40 hours, three different detectors, and five different coils to feel like it's 95% cleaned out. Three different people putting in 13 hours each wouldn't have 95% cleaned out because they likely would have focused on the same areas and from similar directions.

__________________
------
2019: 43 Silver Coins; 254 Wheats; 9 Indian Head Cents; 17 Buffalo Nickels; 3 Liberty V Nickels; 4 Silver Rings; 1 Gold Ring; 2 silver other; 5 Tokens; $97.17
Minelab Equinox 800; Garrett AT Pro & AT Pinpointer

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 AM
pballwiz's Avatar
pballwiz pballwiz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 356
Default

Awesome !
My phone must not have been working or I'm sure I would have gotten an invite.

__________________
Minelab e-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800-Tesoro Vaquero (for when I want to get my beep and dig on!)

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:05 AM
Jeffrey D. Jeffrey D. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Summit County, OH
Posts: 35
Default

Sweet finds. You know there is a lot more to find there. Hope you have an open invitation to return anytime

__________________
Hunting Northeast Ohio- Minelab Explorer SE

Oldest Coin- 1821 Large Cent Top Find- CS Civil War Officer's belt buckle

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:32 AM
jack&jill's Avatar
jack&jill jack&jill is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In Wisconsin's now almost thawed Tundra
Posts: 12,159
Default

That is some super digging Jeremiah. Congrats on the Silver Dime trifecta, love the Seated, the Washington, the Indian and all the rest. I'm sure you still have a lot of ground to still cover on that site. Trapper

__________________
2019 260 Sil 12 Ster 2 IH 439 Wt $322.86 clad
2018 410 Sil 13 Ster 3 IH 663 Wt $367.01 clad 2017 107 Sil 6 Ster 2 IH 167 Wt $102.13 clad

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:49 AM
kingman mikey's Avatar
kingman mikey kingman mikey is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona Route 66
Posts: 2,068
Default

Whoever detected that place before didnt have a very good machine, sure missed alot of good stuff, barbers, seateds, relics. Wtg, congrats on a great hunt, I would go back again if they will allow it.

__________________
Fisher f 70,Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger,Oldest coins 1900 o 1906 o Barber Dime,1916 s 1917 1919 1926 Mercs ' 42 d Walker,'54 Ben F. 1887 Std. Dime. 1871 Canada dime. Chinese cash coin.

Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 06-18-2019, 11:46 AM
dumbdigger dumbdigger is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,131
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Awesome day man! Congrats!
Thanks Jeff! Love checking in on your hunts as well!

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Nice. I love the landscape pix of the actual location.
Thanks Tom, It is a beautiful property! Well manicured lawn. Still grinning I got to hunt it.

Originally Posted by WyoTom View post
Congrats on the great finds!
Thanks Tom, I just got the 15" coil for the Equinox! Have any pointers?

Originally Posted by MCH View post
Nice lawn. :-)
Thanks

Originally Posted by HDMontana View post
Nice silvers and IHP. Like the relics as well. Congrats.
HD
Thank you Sir!

Originally Posted by coin whisperer View post
Very nice finds!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Vince! You inspired me to slap up a location pic!

Originally Posted by E-TRAC-OHIO View post
Congrats on the great bunch of finds !

A photo of that house and yard could be on the cover of a metal detecting magazine !
I know its amazing. I have been hunting a 1812 permission down the road. Of coarse they are friends. Anyhow, the lady at the 1812 permission showed pictures and drawings of the 1810 house, among others!

Originally Posted by METALMANIAC-NY View post
Nice permission......sweet finds!
Thanks

Originally Posted by ToySoldier View post
Nice! I don't pay any attention when somebody says a property has been detected, especially if it's a yard of that size. Smaller "trashy" yards, too. As you said, I'll take that challenge any day. Every time I dig a coin that can only be detected from about 30 degrees out of a total of 360 degrees around the target, and only by going slow, I'm reminded of how many hours it takes to "hunt out" even a small property. There are sections of parks with hundreds of hours of detecting time on them that still give up some goods. My house is on nearly an acre and it took me approximately 40 hours, three different detectors, and five different coils to feel like it's 95% cleaned out. Three different people putting in 13 hours each wouldn't have 95% cleaned out because they likely would have focused on the same areas and from similar directions.
Thanks, Obviously not hunted out but you can tell it has been hit before!

Originally Posted by pballwiz View post
Awesome !
My phone must not have been working or I'm sure I would have gotten an invite.
Sorry Tom, hard enough getting me on this beauty. Text me soon! Never know!

Originally Posted by Jeffrey D. View post
Sweet finds. You know there is a lot more to find there. Hope you have an open invitation to return anytime
Thanks Jeff, I am sure there is more!

Originally Posted by jack&jill View post
That is some super digging Jeremiah. Congrats on the Silver Dime trifecta, love the Seated, the Washington, the Indian and all the rest. I'm sure you still have a lot of ground to still cover on that site. Trapper
Hey Trap!, thank you for all the kind words!

Originally Posted by kingman mikey View post
Whoever detected that place before didnt have a very good machine, sure missed alot of good stuff, barbers, seateds, relics. Wtg, congrats on a great hunt, I would go back again if they will allow it.
Hey Mike, its been hit before, I did have to work to find what I did find. Seems the easier targets are gone. There is more to be found. Thanks

Thanks everyone for checking out this thread! Usually dont post commons but an 1810 house, I couldnt resist. Lol
HH Jer

__________________
1987 Nerds Detector *2019 silver coin 44---IHP 11 V. Nick 1---Buff 7---LC 2---Gold 0--- Sterling 2---
My observation is to learn how the detector you own functions and responds.

Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 06-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Wolf-Dog's Avatar
Wolf-Dog Wolf-Dog is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,795
Smile

Congrats on the oldie dime trifecta and the other silver coins! Nice IHP & wheatie, too!

__________________

Matthew 6:19-21 ~ 2019 Clad: 206 Coins ($14.24)
Totals: 606 Clad Coins ($40.39) ~ 1 Wheat Cent ($0.01)

1 Token ~ 4 Foreign ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheatie ~ Au: 0 ~ Ag: 0
Garrett Treasure Ace 300 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ BH Jr ~ GP-Pointer
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 06-18-2019, 04:58 PM
IDXMonster IDXMonster is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Glarus
Posts: 3,963
Default

No BUST?? Sheesh....
“Been done before”....yeah, that’s a good one. Love it! What a house!

__________________
CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M
Old Coins or Bust...

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.