* Bigtime Happy Dance .. * The Value is In *

That is a Beauty!! And the Memories are priceless!

All of the rings I've found in the last 4 years most I can't remember but I can still picture the moment of my FOLT...And mostly the memory of thinking it was junk when I slipped it into my pouch. But then the other two matching came out and there was something about the weight of them that got me excited.

holy S@%T thats a nice appraisal im very happy for you meggie i need a payday like that could pay some bills congrats you gonna sell or keep ?

So on a ring like that, I'd expect to get at least 100% of spot on the gold...and I say at least because that is the type of ring that jewelers buy for the diamonds to discard the gold.

The problem is the markup on stones and labor. While a ring like that may cost 14 grand or so if buying it at the store, you are paying the diamond broker, the goldsmith, the refiner, the jewelers rent, etc. It's like buying a new car, you drive it off the lot and half of it's value disappears.

Anyone care sharing how much wholesale diamonds like that sell for by the carat? I see them a plenty, but it's just to chemically strip away the gold so that I can send the diamonds back to the jeweler....I never really know what the stones are worth.

So on a ring like that, I'd expect to get at least 100% of spot on the gold...and I say at least because that is the type of ring that jewelers buy for the diamonds to discard the gold.

The problem is the markup on stones and labor. While a ring like that may cost 14 grand or so if buying it at the store, you are paying the diamond broker, the goldsmith, the refiner, the jewelers rent, etc. It's like buying a new car, you drive it off the lot and half of it's value disappears.

Anyone care sharing how much wholesale diamonds like that sell for by the carat? I see them a plenty, but it's just to chemically strip away the gold so that I can send the diamonds back to the jeweler....I never really know what the stones are worth.
Popped at 0.365ct H vs1 out of ring on the weekend. Was offered $356 for it. If I sold it he would try to sell it for $700

[QUOTE
Anyone care sharing how much wholesale diamonds like that sell for by the carat? I see them a plenty, but it's just to chemically strip away the gold so that I can send the diamonds back to the jeweler....I never really know what the stones are worth.[/QUOTE]

I have always suspected that it was bought for the Old European cut diamonds and not the gold content.

Six years now ... and still my best ever find!

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 490
Back
Top Bottom