Who Wants a Laugh

Wish the watch owner would swim at my beach :)

I wonder if a freezer zip bag would keep the water out that deep.

I highly doubt anyone watches geeky md'ing forums, makes notes of tips a person gets , and thus might "target their house for a burglary". Or rob the bank they bank at, etc..... All because of someone's show & tell that told of tips ? I highly doubt it.

Heck, if you go down the daily pages of any md'ing forum show & tell, there's no shortage of us md'rs showing off our trophy bragging rights. Of which, some could be quite valuable. Gold coins even, that could be worth thousands. Does anyone really feel that this opens them up to be targets of theft ?

Anyone with a nice house, in an upper crust neighborhood, with a nice car sitting in the driveway, evidences WAY more income and wealth than any story our finds can portray. Yet those homes or neighborhoods are not any more targeted, than someone who posts on a geeky md'ing forum.

I enjoy seeing an md'r justly rewarded for his efforts. And if that's a part of the story, then .... that's a part of the story. No risk involved. Besides: Scuba is an ex LEO. So ... I'm sure he has a BIG surprise waiting anyone who thinks to hassle him :laughing:

I highly doubt anyone watches geeky md'ing forums, makes notes of tips a person gets , and thus might "target their house for a burglary". Or rob the bank they bank at, etc..... All because of someone's show & tell that told of tips ? I highly doubt it.

Heck, if you go down the daily pages of any md'ing forum show & tell, there's no shortage of us md'rs showing off our trophy bragging rights. Of which, some could be quite valuable. Gold coins even, that could be worth thousands. Does anyone really feel that this opens them up to be targets of theft ?

Anyone with a nice house, in an upper crust neighborhood, with a nice car sitting in the driveway, evidences WAY more income and wealth than any story our finds can portray. Yet those homes or neighborhoods are not any more targeted, than someone who posts on a geeky md'ing forum.

I enjoy seeing an md'r justly rewarded for his efforts. And if that's a part of the story, then .... that's a part of the story. No risk involved. Besides: Scuba is an ex LEO. So ... I'm sure he has a BIG surprise waiting anyone who thinks to hassle him :laughing:

Me? A big surprise? Naa just a CPL and a small Springfield SDs 45 cal. Here is my qualifying target.

Last edited:
Me? A bit surprise? Naa just a CPL and a small Springfield SDs 45 cal. ....

Oh yeah ?? Well I have a Thompson sub-machine gun. :rifle::rifle: Therefore I outgun you. Hence I am heading to your house to rob you of those tips. After all, it's the imminent harms-way you yourself in, with all these posts.

Now kindly tell me your home address, so we can get this over with. :boxing:

The Makro Multi Kruzer would be a good machine to seek out the earing. It has a deeper rating than most other underwater units and really hits on small conductive targets well. Few used ones out there at decent prices.

Had a distant friend sold a lot of gold many years ago, he retired and decided it was time to sell. He did have a lot and was having a great time spending the cash he had made, got a boat along with several other items. Someone turned him in out of Jealousy. Never heard who did but a lesson I never lived but seen. Better safe then sorry..

.... Better safe then sorry..

Were you referring to risk-of being targeted for theft ? Or risk of being turned in to the IRS for failure to pay taxes on income ?

Either way: Sure... no one is saying to throw caution to the wind. But I think your example is a bit like "shark attack" story psychology. I mean ... sure.... If you study the newspaper clipping long enough, you will find a few shark attack stories, worldwide each year. Where a swimmer or surfer got chomped. Ok, sure. But what that DOESN'T tell you, is that there were a million swimmers and surfers, for any one shark attack. But notice it's only the shark attack stories that make the newspaper. Not the uneventful swims.

So too do I think it is for any such story as you have cited. I think it's the trick of selective memory bias. If we rule our lives by "flukes", we would never leave our front doors in the morning. JMHO

l"man just caught a Bull Shark Chesapeake Bay"

Met a lady at a local beach this morning early who is from Maryland and she was talkin about that bull shark. She was surprised that they sometimes invade fresh water areas.

The money that scuba gets isn't income, its a Gift from grateful people. This makes it not taxable (federally anyway) unless his giver exceeds 10k.

As to no one following wealth home on a forum, Gary Drayton posted recently on his blog about people stalking him to learn his spots. People can be !!!!- I sure wouldn't put it past anyone and I'd really rather not go thru the post funeral legal hassle that is bound to come with doing society a favor.

I was thinking of the Garrett in a ziploc bag. Reason? Several users say the scubatector has trouble with small gold. The Garrett signals on nuggets. I tried to get info from others but no one sees the value of the Propointer. Maybe I'm too optimistic.:?:

It's great to see you've got such a huge workload doing what you love scuba. keep it up!...but keep saving time to post for us!

.... This makes it not taxable (federally anyway) unless his giver exceeds 10k...

Are you sure ? You're saying gifts and tips aren't "taxable" ? Because even restaurant waiters tips ARE INDEED taxable , right ? And any source of "income" (no matter if you call it a "tip" or a "gift") are taxable, aren't they ?

Because if not, then pray tell: What's to stop me from giving my employees "gifts" all year long, so-as-to-avoid payroll taxes ?

But I think this is all a moot point anyhow. Because ... most certainly .... Scuba has dutifully listed this as income on his income taxes. Right scuba ? :hornetsnest::worms::friends:

Are you sure ? You're saying gifts and tips aren't "taxable" ? Because even restaurant waiters tips ARE INDEED taxable , right ? And any source of "income" (no matter if you call it a "tip" or a "gift") are taxable, aren't they ?

Because if not, then pray tell: What's to stop me from giving my employees "gifts" all year long, so-as-to-avoid payroll taxes ?

But I think this is all a moot point anyhow. Because ... most certainly .... Scuba has dutifully listed this as income on his income taxes. Right scuba ? :hornetsnest::worms::friends:

Ohh of course I report every clam I make. Certainly do. Any interest in buying a bridge Tom? I have a couple for sale not far from my home. I will even toss in the ship to sweeten the deal.

Back
Top Bottom