Silver #21 FTY - OH MY!!! TONY FOUND A NICE ONE :)

tonym

Elite Member
Hi Gang:

Went back to my hard hit park where I pulled the silver quarter the other day.

Now keep in mind that I have hunted this park for 13 years and I now have 2,985 coins at this park but only 2 silver quarters here, and NO larger silver.

45 minutes into my hunt I have 23 coins (hit a 10 penny spill on the surface) including a 1940 wheatie.

I get a 12-47 signal with the CTX at 8" depth. I circled the signal a few times, the VDI and depth never changed. My heart beat speeds up a little :) I proceed to cut a nice large deep plug flush with anticipation. I did not get too excited because I have been disappointed more than a few times before with deep can slaw here.

I flip the plug out and there at the bottom of the plug sat this beauty; of course my camera was at home :)

I was like a kid at Christmas time. Came home to post a pic and I am heading back out there :)

Attachments

• 20140528-1.jpg
    20140528-1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 747
few finds are as awesome as seeing a nice walker in the hole. Congrats!

Congo rats on a great find and nice story too. I'm amazed coins like this were missed in that park.

Wow what a park! Congrats

It is a frustrating park most times CW. I now have 3,004 coins there in 231.5 hours detecting.

Highlights include:

39 silver coins
218 wheaties
2 Buffalo nickels
9 indian heads

Good coins are few and far between here.

BTW, the walker was only my 2nd ever. I found my first on March 17, 2002 on my 6th hunt ever (curbstrip find). Today was my 588th hunt.

It is a frustrating park most times CW. I now have 3,004 coins there in 231.5 hours detecting.

Highlights include:

39 silver coins

218 wheaties

2 Buffalo nickels

9 indian heads

Good coins are few and far between here.

BTW, the walker was only my 2nd ever. I found my first on March 17, 2002 on my 6th hunt ever (curbstrip find). Today was my 588th hunt.

My park I have over 100 hours and I have 7 silver coins and maybe 5 in clad lol

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Beautiful Walker !! I commend you on your stat keeping. I wish that I had started keeping up with my finds when I started in the 70's.

Beautiful Walker !! I commend you on your stat keeping. I wish that I had started keeping up with my finds when I started in the 70's.

For each hunt I record:

- date of hunt
- # of nickels
- # of dimes
- # of quarters
- # of half dollars
- # of dollar coins
- # of other unique coins
- # of indian heads
- # of wheats
- # of silver coins

In another section of the screen I enter the details of any non clad finds for the hunt:

- year of coin
- find category (silver, penny, etc)
- category sub type (dime - mercury, wheatie, half - walking liberty, etc)

Takes about 3 minutes to enter a hunt (more if I have a lot of non clad finds that I am tracking)

The program then grinds up the stats all different ways.

here is a pic of my screen (locations are blacked out for display):

http://www.scalemodelindex.com/track.jpg

Back
Top Bottom