Getting better with the deep stuff :)

wadepliskin

Well...

Went out for about an hour or so yesterday to my usual spot and decided to go over an area I have hit before but not very hard.

There seems to be a lot of trash in the begining part of where I started but I wanted to start getting a better feel for deeper signals.

I passed over a few shallower random signals (pulltabs, zinc, foil, etc...) and finaly got past all the annoying chatter to a quiter area. At this point I decided to lower my threshold to just barely a whispering buzz (I've been running a little high with it I think).

Boom...a quiet little whisper of a TID bouncing with every other swipe or so from a 32-36-40. I went over it several times in different dirrection and finaly decided this seems really good fo full bar depth. Dug the plub and pulle an old wheatie :)

I know it's not that impresive but it was my 1st pull of the day & was a good sign to me. I went a little further and hit a shallower signal that I thought might be a dime but turned out to be an 80's penny (oh well), moved on to another quiet whispering signal (basicly the same thing) and hit another wheatie :) I was really feeling good at this point.

I Continued, found a few random trash items that I knew didn't sound as good when I decided to dig them but I was practicing so I did. I finaly turned around and got close to the area I had found the other wheaties and hit another deep wheatie. 3 wheaties out of 7 coins and a few pieces of trash I thought was a pretty good ratio.

I quit after that as it was getting a little hot in the dirrect sun.

Now like I said, finding wheaties is probably common for a lot of people and may not be that exciting but before this I had only pulled 1 wheatie from this site and 4 silvers (which I found odd, I always wondered where all the wheaties were) and they were only about 5-6 inches.

Makes me feel good to finaly be getting a little better at hearing the deeper stuff cause I think that's where it all is. With all of the older clad I pull from here (some pretty darn deep) I know there has to be some great stuff just at the end of my detectors reach or past it. Might be time to get the bigger "DD" :)
Just wanted to share. Thanks for reading

Congrats on learning your machine! Every hunt you learn it more and eventually it will be amazing what you missed that seems so obvious now.

Back
Top Bottom