marking detected areas

I have used similar things also. An orange is great as dogs wont grab it like a tennis ball (lots of oranges grown here ). In general I find a nearby rock that's not too heavy to move.

However, in a field thats big, overgrown with weeds &/or up & down terrain = I made some "flags" that I stick in to follow. I took some welding rod, cut to about 2 feet, bent the top to take a colored ribbon. Stick these in and follow. Steve in so az

I use an garmin etrex GPS to mark my in and out spots, then when I return I just start where I left off... it's pretty good to about 7 feet in accuracy, though by no means as good as a physical marker, I have tons of sites saved and know what part I've been detecting.

Similar method here...

I use a couple of coin probes which are white. I carry 6 of them.
If I'm in sand or bark or pea gravel, just a scuff mark here and there with my foot.
Marty

I haven't needed to but then again my hunts are tot lots and beaches so there's really no sense to do that for me. However, if I were doing a large area such as an old homestead, farm, etc. I would buy a pack of those tiny little orange marking flags. I have thought of doing that if that day ever came for me.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 244
Horizon....

If I am hunting in grass, I usually check the horizon and find something to line up with. I try to stay in a straight line, and check my horizon mark every so often. If I am hunting in dirt, I can usually see my foot prints from the previous pass!

HH, Dave.........

That sums up the majority of my hunts...

If I am hunting in grass, I usually check the horizon and find something to line up with. I try to stay in a straight line, and check my horizon mark every so often. If I am hunting in dirt, I can usually see my foot prints from the previous pass!

HH, Dave.........

:yes: Marty

Back
Top Bottom