Who makes the best hand digger?

Pshhht! Are you trying to start a fight here?!? lol. I've been happy with my White's DigMaster. Still goin strong and I've beat the !!!! out of it.

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Lesche/Predator tools makes good stuff. I have a few but my favorite hand digger is the Predator model 75C. For a long handled digger I like the Predator Tools Piranha model 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I finally got a lesche, and love it. Anytime I forget it and have to use my old Fiskers (that I used to think was a good digger) I’m bummed!

T handle rules
30bf3031de38b692c3913ad3945ea214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure if ther is much difference between the Lesche and the Digmaster, I do have the Lesche and it is a USA made tool, and I can't seem to break it.

My favorite hand digger is a Dirt Diggers Tool Grizzly Digger, which is unfortunately discontinued. Maybe a tad tougher than the Lesche, inserts nicely and scoops well.

If you can, I would suggest the 31" Sampson and u can get a cheaper hand digger for light work.

After holding a leshe and a digmaster at the local shop, I thought the digmaster seemed better built. The sheaf the digmaster comes with is cheap junk. I've gone through a couple of cheap diggers, and only have a few hunts with the digmaster, I think I could break it,but it wouldn't be easy. I have got stupid with it several times enough that if it did break it would be my fault and not the tool. I have also been happy with the Treasure wise 3 in 1 knife. I use it in rocky half driveway half grass type places and abuse it just as bad.

Looking for recommendations!

When it comes to excavation tools, Its all about the dirt you are working in...so try to find some posts of guys who hunt in your area that have already put in the in field time and study what they use to narrow down the field of prospects....

Dirt is the primary determinant...and it changes throughout the seasons...Wet clay in the Fall and Spring, dry in the Summer...different rigs required for different locations and dirt conditions..."The Right Tool for the Job"...a screwdriver is perfect on an active Sports field, but not so much in a plowed bean field or at the beach...A narrow blade, a big blade, a D handled tiling spade, a lockback knife, two different sandscoops, all sorts of excavation gear is rolling around in my trunk and ready to go depending!

T handle rules
30bf3031de38b692c3913ad3945ea214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great pic. I do already have a T-handle Lesche. Same as your pic. Best shovel hands down IMO. I was just thinking about upgrading my hand held digger and also saw Lesche made one of those. I am definitely leaning that way unless someone else can convince me otherwise!

When it comes to excavation tools, Its all about the dirt you are working in...so try to find some posts of guys who hunt in your area that have already put in the in field time and study what they use to narrow down the field of prospects....

Dirt is the primary determinant...and it changes throughout the seasons...Wet clay in the Fall and Spring, dry in the Summer...different rigs required for different locations and dirt conditions..."The Right Tool for the Job"...a screwdriver is perfect on an active Sports field, but not so much in a plowed bean field or at the beach...A narrow blade, a big blade, a D handled tiling spade, a lockback knife, two different sandscoops, all sorts of excavation gear is rolling around in my trunk and ready to go depending!

All valid points!

FYI the current hand digger I had was built by Garret and it is complete garbage. Bends so easy I never use it anymore. Literally the worst. So that's why I am asking for the best hand held digger. Thanks!

FYI the current hand digger I had was built by Garret and it is complete garbage. Bends so easy I never use it anymore. Literally the worst. So that's why I am asking for the best hand held digger. Thanks!

Yep, the Garrett is junk. You’d be amazed how different the White’s is. I’ve pried stuff so hard that when it started moving I swore I must have been bending the blade but nope, still haven’t bent it yet. And I’m rough on my diggers, still no bend. Knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom