Tesoro detector

randy grider

Opinions on these ? I know they are nothing fancy, but i acquired one and actually like it better than a whites DFX i had, actually sold it on ebay, just too many gadgets for my tastes. I love the two knob simplicity of it, and plan to dig all metal, not intrested in discriminating because valuable items can be missed that way. Who else uses a tesoro? Give me your pros and cons

Tesoro is a top notch American company with a LIFETIME warranty to the original purchaser. They make great machines that are very often underestimated because of their simplicity. Enjoy and HH!

Opinions on these ? I know they are nothing fancy, but i acquired one and actually like it better than a whites DFX i had, actually sold it on ebay, just too many gadgets for my tastes. I love the two knob simplicity of it, and plan to dig all metal, not intrested in discriminating because valuable items can be missed that way. Who else uses a tesoro? Give me your pros and cons

If you don't use discrimination-or very little- you have a good all around detector. The quick reset is fantastic and the Tesoros have a great reputation for coins on edge and their default frequency is geared for gold objects. I have 3.

I have a Vaquero and a Compadre that have helped me find some good stuff! The Compadre is a tot lot coin/jewelry slayer and the Vaquero goes pretty deep. Both of them will hit on small pieces of metal that my Etrac won't even touch.

I use a Vaquero and 3 coils for it. Having used a few and detected with others using the "higher end" models. They don't offer much more at actual metal detecting performance than the Vaquero does. I don't need my detector to have GPS tracking, link to my phone, or plug it in to a computer for "updates." Multi-tone, numerous preset/custom menu settings, or a readout with a half dozen buttons to push to cycle through them. lol. Tesoro's lightweight, best warranty in the industry by far, and can hold their own with the best of them. Other than not being waterproof, have not seen one reason why I need another machine. Just choose a coil for the site, quick GB adjust, and i'm off detecting. Confident that I can hit what the "high end" ones will.

Which model do you have?...

I don't have a Tesoro, but a friend of mine has three and I love them...if I didn't have 3 detectors of my own I'd get one. He may be selling his Mohave soon, and I might just have to buy it. While they don't have the VDIs and multi tones...they're great machines

Which model do you have?...

Mine is the silver umax, which i know may be lowend, but i just enjoy finding anything, even just junk . Brother in law has dug a mountain of junk, but has also found some good stuff. He has a scrap metal collection if nothing else ! Also like the one 9 volt battery, instead of a handfull of AA , like my whites had to have.

I recently picked up yet another Compadre (like the 5th one if I'm correct) to complement my Kruzer.

I began this hobby with a Compadre. I found gold, silver coins, and CW relics with it. The unit simply performs. Every time I sold one, it was to upgrade another unit bc the resale is simply there on those Tesoros. Of course every time I sell one, I end up getting another.

I don't feel gimped at all using one. In fact, I almost use it to troll someone else using a much more expensive unit. I'll break it out with the other going "why in the world are you using that when you have....?"

Then I begin somehow finding stuff in areas that they've already gone over. May not be the deepest but there's something about that Tesoro discrimination. It works.

I own four Tesoro detectors. two original Silver Sabres, a Compadre and a Sidewinder. I probably hunt more with one of my original Silver Sabres. it still finds the coins. Actually I should have five but I bought a Silver uMax from a forum member and never got it.
Tesoros.jpg

While the subject has been brought up, I have been thinking about getting the Cibola or Vaquero. I know that Tesoro is a deep machine and has the best customer service. My question is when you detect a target, how do you make the determination as to how deep the target is without just digging a deep plug the first time:?::?::?::?::?::?:

While the subject has been brought up, I have been thinking about getting the Cibola or Vaquero. I know that Tesoro is a deep machine and has the best customer service. My question is when you detect a target, how do you make the determination as to how deep the target is without just digging a deep plug the first time:?::?::?::?::?::?:
I say get the Vaquero, it has GB. This guy's videos on youtube, these ones actually, is what got me interested in Tesoros and will answer your questions.

Tesoro Vaquero vs MineLab ETrac - Part 1 Dime @ 6" '53Silver

I say get the Vaquero, it has GB. This guy's videos on youtube, these ones actually, is what got me interested in Tesoros and will answer your questions.

Tesoro Vaquero vs MineLab ETrac - Part 1 Dime @ 6" '53Silver
Thank you very much.:cool:

First, the VDI numbers as far as depth aren't always right. real close sometimes, but not 100%

Second, to find the depth on a machine without VDI I would simply lift it up until the signal started to get weak. If you know about how deep your unit goes, now you have a good idea how deep to dig. :D

Check out the new Tesoro Cazador.................................
Tesoros are an excellent buy if you get a used one.
Where Tesoro left off, Deeptech kept on going and blew by them.
If your not running much discrimination, Jump ahead into the future and check them out. As much as I liked my Tesoros, owned quiet a few, I gave up all my Tesoro beep and digs after owning a DT Vista Gold with the Super Six coil. Just throwing this out there as an alternative. http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,143573,144171#msg-144171

Back
Top Bottom