scored some yellow! (updated with the clad count..)

007tallguy

Elite Member
i'm on vaca this week and went out for a beach hunt before our forecast for rain comes true.
in the first half hour, i basically found nothing, not even a pulltab. :roll:then, i hit the right "zone" along the dry sand. i say zone, because i literally couldn't take 2 steps and it was coin signal after coin signal! :shock: in general, almost ALL of what i found were coins from the early to mid 70's. numerous ones were blobs of sand encrusted coins after being buried for such a long time. penny's, dimes, nickles, quarters..... one after another! i also scored a few of our more modern $1 and $2 dollar coins. i didn't tally the total yet, but easily between 10 and 12 bucks in 3 hours.
while hitting one penny signal, there was another lower tone a foot away, low to mid 40's. let's just say i dug that signal first, lol. i wanted GOLD today and that tone sure sounded right to me!
sure enough, about 5 inches down, there was something the right color. that nice sweet buttery color that gets the heart thumping a little harder.
low and behold, a little 10K pendant! Whoo hoo!!! and yes, i did dig that penny too, haha!
all in all, a great day, oodles of coins (sorry, no pic of those yet) and some 10K in my pocket. :D
i may have to head back that way again this week. my poor legs were turning into rubber and i know i passed by numerous more coins. and who knows, maybe there's going to be s'more yellow stuff hiding there, trying to avoid the wrath of the great At Pro! ;)

thanks for looking,
Pete

ps. i'm guessing the "86" on the pendant was a birth date.

Update: the days clad take: a total of 76 coins for a grand total of $13.04! my best clad day so far!

Attachments

• 20160502_143228_resized.jpg
    20160502_143228_resized.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 588
  • 20160502_143210_resized.jpg
    20160502_143210_resized.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 585
  • 20160502_212333 (2).jpg
    20160502_212333 (2).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 543
Great job! Shiny Gold in the scoop is the best rush there is. Congrats! :cool:

:dingding:Congrats on the yellow! I would've been very disappointed had you left that penny! ;)

woah, post number 7000 for me! :egyptian: :giggle:

Congrats on the gold! Need me some of that good stuff too :)

SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Congrats on your gold find!:yes:

Great find! Congrats!!

There's nothing like seeing yellow in the scoop- congrats! :yes:

Congrats on Gold!

Bam! That's a nice chunk of butter!!

Great job! Shiny Gold in the scoop is the best rush there is. Congrats! :cool:

i believe its a graduation pendant looks like one of those graduation hats

ok, thank you! i was trying to figure out what it was supposed to be

:dingding:Congrats on the yellow! I would've been very disappointed had you left that penny! ;)

:laughing::laughing: i couldn't just leave it.

Grats on the gold. My sophomore year :D

Niiiiiccceeeee!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You found it now go crazy.

Nice one man, it all adds up!

thank you all very much! :D
i updated my first post with the clad count and a pic. it doesn't look like a lot of coins there, but between the clad and the trash, close to 200 holes today. :shock:

Pete

Back
Top Bottom