was a beach day for me. clad, silver and HAIL. (pic heavy!)

007tallguy

Elite Member
it was a great beach day.... until our severe thunderstorms rolled in! :shock:

no gold today, but i hit 2 separate beaches this morning and pulled a total of over $9.30 in clad out of the sands! and a pair of cheap earrings. :D

one $2.00 coin was an eyeball find from about 10 feet away! :giggle: i was watching ahead of my feet and i see something shining and sure enough... 2 bucks!
i also had to wade through the empty fireworks tubes. everywhere i looked, they were sticking out of the sand. that beach must have been quite "noisy" last night for Canada's birthday celebrations, ha. :lol:

so i'm just checking my coins from the smaller beach i was at later this morning and one looked to be a bit different. certainly a quarter, but very tarnished. after a closer look, the best i can determine is a King George V quarter, somewhere between 1911 and 1936!!! :shock: depending on the actual date, it's either .925 silver or .800 silver. from it's condition, i'm guessing it's the .800 coin but i won't know for sure until i can ID the date on it.
it was fairly deep and this beach is north facing and well sheltered and doesn't suffer too much from storms so... that quarter was likely there for quite some time!
any ideas of how i should clean it up a bit would be welcomed. :yes:

oh, and a pic of the hail from our storm! :shock: luckily, i was in my vehicle when it hit, but considering i drive a convertible, i was wondering if my top could withstand that stuff. and why i never lost my windshield, i'll never know.... that stuff hits HARD!!!!!
oh, the photo was from the Halifax (online) newspaper and i'd have to say the hail here was much larger, golf-ball sized in some places! that's very rare for this area. the shot through the windshield was after it was starting to taper off and the "slugs" were getting smaller.

thanks for looking,

Pete :)

Attachments

• IMAG0788.jpg
    IMAG0788.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 439
  • IMAG0789.jpg
    IMAG0789.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 437
  • IMAG0791.jpg
    IMAG0791.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMAG0795.jpg
    IMAG0795.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 436
  • IMAG0802.jpg
    IMAG0802.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 431
  • IMAG0801.jpg
    IMAG0801.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 430
  • IMAG0803.jpg
    IMAG0803.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 435
  • IMAG0794.jpg
    IMAG0794.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 439
  • halifaxhail (1).jpg
    halifaxhail (1).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 449
I just stole that first pic to use as my wallpaper for the rest of the summer. Thanks! :yes:

well........ alright, but just pretend the horizon is straight, ok? :lol:
that was taken with an HTC phone and i must say, that's one of the BEST cameras i have when it comes to photo quality! i can go much higher in resolution with it, but then i have to shrink the photos if i want to post them, so i just leave it set right where it's at.

that was about 7 o'clock this morning, the sun was to the left and just a wee little bit of haze/fog in the air. it was certainly a beautiful morning at the beach!
can you spot the fishing boat in that photo..??

Pete

great coin count. the hail looks rude. at least it water, we really need some rain here in the ozarks. HH blev

Very nice hunt! Back in the late 90's, We got some nasty big hails and on the local news they show this guys car a brand new BMW. This guy car had 100's of dents :shock: and his windows were destroy! He was crying and all he kept saying on the news was "look at my new car...look at my new car!" :lol: :laughing: I felt bad for the guy but his crying "tears" had me laughing! :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom