How to pin point and ace 250?

Metal Hunter

First off I have read and watched a number of ways how to pin point and ace 250. Its pretty common sence, but I am finding eighty percent of my findings are outside and to the bottom right hand corner of my plug. I am also pin pointing in three diffrent directions. Then I dig my plug and there still outside of the plug. I must be doing something wrong please help:(
Unfortunantly there are no clubs in my neck of the woods. I have the next best thing my friendly forum buddies who would be glad to help me out. Thank You.

First off I have read and watched a number of ways how to pin point and ace 250. Its pretty common sence, but I am finding eighty percent of my findings are outside and to the bottom right hand corner of my plug. I am also pin pointing in three diffrent directions. Then I dig my plug and there still outside of the plug. I must be doing something wrong please help:(
Unfortunantly there are no clubs in my neck of the woods. I have the next best thing my friendly forum buddies who would be glad to help me out. Thank You.

If you havnt already check out some of the videos on youtube. Some very good demonstrations there. Pinpointing with this machine seems to me at first more of an art form than science, lol.

This is what I do. Pinpoint first from left to right with the coil on the ground until you find the center (biggest readout and sound). Then just keep holding that pinpoint button and gently slide your coil back directly toward you until the signal is lost.

Stop and dig the spot just in front of your coil. The place on your coil furthest away from you. Scan your plug and hole and see where it is now. After much discouragement with this machine this method works for me every time.

I later bought a hand held pinpointer. This greatly speeds up the recovery process and once you start using one you will never want to be without it again.

Hope this helped, Sorry if I oversimplified the steps
Monolyth

I don't use the pinpoint feature on my ACE 250. Too much of a drain on the batteries. I just listen for the point of the strongest signal and dig there. Its funny you should mention it, but probably 80% of my targets are at the 7 o'clock position in my hole! The hand held pinpointer works fine for finding the target once the plug is cut.

Elliptical coils don't poinpoint in the middle anyhow... but do an "X" type pattern on your swing and mentally note where the signal is strongest each way.

Make your X pattern , hit pinpoint, double tap to retune and get a smaller target if you have to but I rarely do ,....watching the bar meter , when its gone all the way to the right and you are over the target , slowly bring the coil back towards you. Right at the point that the bar graph starts to fall away is when your target is directly underneath the front outer edge of the inside coil loop. If you dig a 4 inch wide plug or flap right at that spot you will almost always find the target right there. Works nearly every time with the exception of large or very shallow items , or multiple item targets.

Great ideas from everyone. As previously stated, just stop where you get a strong consisten signal. I recommend a pro pointer as well. Great little piece. Good luck.

I can usually narrow down the object with a square pattern and often times dont need the pinpoint. But yes if you cut the plug about wider than normal you will get it in the plug...more than likely

Suggestion

After work I stopped at a playground and tried Monolyth suggestion for pinpointing. Boy did that work great. I literally found every target at the edge of coil. What was nice, I was detecting in wood chips so I could just brush away the chips and there was my target.

Back
Top Bottom