• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Would these Bluetooth earbuds work well with the Nox 600?

landuse

Attachments

• 61FyUZqq0aL._SL1500_.jpg
    61FyUZqq0aL._SL1500_.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:
I would be concerned about lag. Plus they are pricey for earbuds. Here is a set you may like and are waterproof, aptx 4.1 Plus they are more than half the price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-...687926?hash=item3b0a0ce5f6:g:JogAAOSwkrlZy9Po

Here is another set that at aptx low latency waterproof earbuds. I like the looks of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-S...125791&hash=item25f2918d1a:g:wXgAAOSwAQBaxpRW

Here is a website that shows headphones/earbuds that are true aptx low latency.
https://www.aptx.com/products?field_product_category_tid=125

Last edited:
From what I've been reading you'll need '4.2 low latency' earbuds. They're 250% faster than '4.1'. There's low latency and there's really low latency. Both the transmitter and receiver must be '4.2', because your speed will slowdown to the slowest one used.

beephead

From what I've been reading you'll need '4.2 low latency' earbuds. They're 250% faster than '4.1'. There's low latency and there's really low latency. Both the transmitter and receiver must be '4.2', because your speed will slowdown to the slowest one used.

beephead

From what I understand, the 4.1 vs. the 4.2 isn't going to be a factor with metal detectors. It's the aptx codec that is necessary to produce the low latency that is necessary for metal detectors.

4.1V headphones that came with my 800. I have a pair of 4.2V that I use with my phone doesn't want to pair with my Nox. Anyone else had trouble with a 4.2V pairing with their Nox?
I'm going to by some 4.1V Apt-X Low Latency earbuds with the longest battery run time I can find..

From what I understand, the 4.1 vs. the 4.2 isn't going to be a factor with metal detectors. It's the aptx codec that is necessary to produce the low latency that is necessary for metal detectors.

The key I guess is 'Aptx low latency', but then there is low latency and really low latency. Aptx 'low latency' and just plain ole Aptx is a big difference in speed. I sure wish that they'd list the latency speed on all the products because some sellers are saying that Aptx is low latency, which it is, but it's not anywhere near the speed of Aptx low latency. I'm finding that products that are 4.2 seem to be taunting the speed and are more open with the specs.

PS: There's a huge difference between a minimum audio delay 32–40ms vs 300-400ms. I read that the human ear doesn't notice any lag lower than 100ms so you would not notice any lip sync while watch TV or swinging a search coil if you stayed below that number

I'm trying to get my Tesoros, MXT Pro and F75 wireless at a reasonable price since summer is on its way and my full cup headphones won't be getting any use. I've been doing a lot of research, but I still need a lot of help if I can get it.

beephead

Last edited:
4.1V headphones that came with my 800. I have a pair of 4.2V that I use with my phone doesn't want to pair with my Nox. Anyone else had trouble with a 4.2V pairing with their Nox?
I'm going to by some 4.1V Apt-X Low Latency earbuds with the longest battery run time I can find..

If you find some let me know. I see that you're from West Tn. How far are you away from Germantown TN? I'd like to take a close look at your 800 to see how it balances and sounds over some test targets.

beephead

If you find some let me know. I see that you're from West Tn. How far are you away from Germantown TN? I'd like to take a close look at your 800 to see how it balances and sounds over some test targets.

beephead
beep, I'm in Carroll Co. N of Jackson. I'm still trying to learn the detector. I haven't been able to get too much time on it, having a lot of pain. It seems a little nose heavy.. that could be me as I still have a lot of weakness in my left arm(swinging arm) I'm out of work now, so I could get together with you most anytime. A friend wants me to go to N. Ga next week with him... he wants to get some gold dredging in.

The key I guess is 'Aptx low latency', but then there is low latency and really low latency. Aptx 'low latency' and just plain ole Aptx is a big difference in speed. I sure wish that they'd list the latency speed on all the products because some sellers are saying that Aptx is low latency, which it is, but it's not anywhere near the speed of Aptx low latency. I'm finding that products that are 4.2 seem to be taunting the speed and are more open with the specs.

PS: There's a huge difference between a minimum audio delay 32–40ms vs 300-400ms. I read that the human ear doesn't notice any lag lower than 100ms so you would not notice any lip sync while watch TV or swinging a search coil if you stayed below that number

I'm trying to get my Tesoros, MXT Pro and F75 wireless at a reasonable price since summer is on its way and my full cup headphones won't be getting any use. I've been doing a lot of research, but I still need a lot of help if I can get it.

beephead
You are correct in figuring out the Apt-X mystery. There really is Apt-X and Apt-X LOW LATENCY. When you look at Qualcom's website you will see that they list very few earbuds that are Apt-X LOW LATENCY. It's alot easier to find and use receivers and transmitters that are Apt-X LOW LATENCY. Attach the headphone of your choice to the receiver.

You are correct in figuring out the Apt-X mystery. There really is Apt-X and Apt-X LOW LATENCY. When you look at Qualcom's website you will see that they list very few earbuds that are Apt-X LOW LATENCY. It's alot easier to find and use receivers and transmitters that are Apt-X LOW LATENCY. Attach the headphone of your choice to the receiver.

Yeah, I've been looking into that as well. By going that route, I can use both my wired Deus Backphones and my Killer B's full cup headphones. I have no trouble finding a Apt-X LOW LATENCY transmitter and a Apt-X LOW LATENCY receiver. I still wish that I could find some Apt-X LOW LATENCY earbuds with noise cancellation. I just hate it when companies won't supply the specs.

beephead

Yeah, I've been looking into that as well. By going that route, I can use both my wired Deus Backphones and my Killer B's full cup headphones. I have no trouble finding a Apt-X LOW LATENCY transmitter and a Apt-X LOW LATENCY receiver. I still wish that I could find some Apt-X LOW LATENCY earbuds with noise cancellation. I just hate it when companies won't supply the specs.

beephead
Did you see these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/X13-Neckba...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 I'm going to order one..

I have the NOX 600, and have been looking for some Wireless headphones to use with it. These look quite nice, but I can't find any info on the latency. What is everyone's opinion? Has anyone used them?

https://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Bluetooth-Sweat-Resistant-Microphone-Rechargeable/dp/B01DWHPMEG

I've been using a pair of Skullcandy bluetooth 'Uproar' headphones for the past few days, paired with the Nox 600. I can't tell there is any latency issue at all - they work great in really aluminum-trashy areas, where I figured there might be some problem with all the 'machine gun' targets you get when the soil is littered with pop tops. Better in my opinion than the wired headphones that came with the machine and I don't like earbuds. The only difficulty I've had is getting them to pair. Takes a few tries (mainly, I suspect, because I haven't got the hang of it yet) but once I have them paired, I love it!

Back
Top Bottom