Gold Century Model GC-1016A Metal Detector - oops already bought

n00b-dig-istan

Okay so I bought this new detector the Gold Century Model GC-1016A Metal Detector for about $30 bucks at Menards so I thought It might get me outside more. Yeah winter is coming and its cold so I figure no one would bother me ha ha.

So is this a good buy? I know its cheap and for a first detector I couldnt beat the price.

So Im lurking on the forum to see what I can find out. Ive been trying to find some information on how to get the best use of this type of detector, but it seems like I am doing a lot of searching.

I tried to search for someone metal detecting here in South Dakota, but havnt seen anyone. Well hollar at me, and I figure since I am getting a feel for the forum I suppose I will find out what it is like when people respond. Thank You.

Just wait for ( Carol K ) to get on. She's the owner of this site. She is from SD. She is great!

My biggest worry with these chinese detectors is that when it breaks, where do you get it serviced? And will the new user get discouraged, and give up the hobby?

I would definitely not recommended this detectory, but hopefully, it will function at least a little, and with luck, maybe you can find something. At least, you will probably find more than if you had no detector at all.

Good luck,

-- Tom

For $30, there is no worry to have. It is very inexpensive to introduce yourself to the hobby.
By Jove, pinpointers are twice that price ;)

Welcome to the forums and you have a cute Avatar ;)

Back
Top Bottom