• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

$200 budget BH Pioneer 505 VS Discovery 3300

usa144

Hello guys,

I have just found this community and I have lots of questions about MDing, one of them is witch of the fallowing MD is the best for my budget?

BH Pioneer 505 or the Discovery 3300?

Please, I really need help with this!

Thank's for your help.

P.S> Also, if you have any suggestion, I'm here to listen.

Tesero compadre or fisher f2 better machines for the money call some of the sponsors here you will get a great deal

Definitely might want to take a look at the Fisher F2. Great recovery and overall wonderful machine. A package with a 4" sniper coil and a F-Point pinpointer can be gotten for ~ your budget from a sponsor here on the forum.
GL, and HH!

The Discovery 3300 is an excellent machine but given that or an F2 I would probably opt for the F2 since it was probably improved upon from its 3300 origins.

No. Just the coil up to the control box.The box is not waterproof. Neither are the ones you said. :no:

So I can use them in the water, only the box is not waterproof?

Thank's guys!

Any suggestions are welcome.

The F2 is supposed to be a great machine. You also might look at the Teknetics Alpha 2000. I have it and really like it a lot (also the same price range).

Doug

I would go with the 3300. Why? Because it's a Fisher F4 basically. The coil is different and ground balancing is a little different. And both have a 5 year warranty. Same company makes both also. Plus the zap feature is handy. Any time you can get manual GB on a unit it tends to deal with ground conditions better than a factory fixed gb. (F2 or Compadre) my 2 cents.

I got rid of my F2 and use my Discovery 3300 most of the time. The manual ground balance and "zap" feature sold me. Have certainly found enough lately to pay for it. Just be sure to use headphones or it will eat up the batteries. It is certainly a light and fun machine to hunt with.:yes:

I agree, Tesoros have fast acting electronics both with recovery from stuff you discriminated out and also when you go over a target that is above that discrimination level. I'm going to get one for my son when he gets tall enough.

Buy the Compadre in his name. That will make for one really long lifetime warranty.:grin:

At my age 'lifetime warranties' don't mean as much anymore.:no:

beephead

The f2

is light, but light also means fragile. A good machine, I bought one for my brother. He already broke a lower shaft. If I were to do it again I would go with the Tesoro.

F2 without a doubt. I have both machines and never take the 3300 out with me after getting the F2. Someone sai dthe F2 is fragile.. No, it isn't.... I have dropped mine on occassion and it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Fragile would be the last description for the F2 that I would use.

Two completely different machines, not in same category in my opinion. F2 all the way.:cool:

Thank you for all your kind help guys. I just made my desition and purchased already the F2.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom