Question for Garrett GTI 2500 owners

don716

I've got the GTI 2000 which is about the same machine as the 2500 and every once in a while I accidently hit the "Fasttrack" button instead of the pinpoint button. What exactly is that button and what does it do?:?:Once I hit it I have to figure out how to get it back to my previous mode.I might use it more if I knew what it was but right now it's a pain.I've had this detector for about a year now but I've only used it a couple of times.It seems to be a great machine but I have to figure it out.I'm learning.
Donny

Hi Don,

I've had both the 2000 and 2500 in the past, but it's been a few years. If I remember correctly, fast track increases the speed at which the unit is adjusting the ground balance. SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold), I think is what Garrett calls it. If the soil is low in mineralization it can help to find smaller targets, but in higher mineralized soil it can actually mask them because it adjusts too quickly and nulls the target out, as I said, if I remember correctly.

From the manual...

This may be different on your GTI 2000, but on the GTI 2500, the button you refer to is the ALL-METAL/Fast Track touchpad and has a dual purpose of selecting the ALL-METAL mode, and when held down, ground balances the machine while you bounce the searchcoil 2 to 8 inches above the ground. When there is a minimal audio response from the ground, release the touchpad and begin hunting. Auto Track then continues to make all adjustments necessary to eliminate ground minerals from detection.

The speed of the Auto Track function is variable by using the + and - touchpad keys.

Back
Top Bottom