12 -22

US gold 5 dollar
12 - 31

US gold 10 dollar
12 - 38

US gold 20 dollar
13 - 38

Men's Class Ring 12 - 24/25

If your wanting to find gold --- dig everything that is 12's; Pull Tags, Zincolns, etc!

I dug a small 14k ladies ring with a diamond that ring in at 12-02. I found a heavier one that weighed in at 9.56 grams and rang up 12-29 to 12-21. I put up a link to a chart that fellow by the name of digs a lot did with a whole bunch of rings and their id. I will look for it and post the link here for you.
Cheers, Bud

Dig everything in the 12 FE Range, fresh zinc penny and below. Gold can read all the way into the iron range depending on factors like what type jewelry it is and how deep. Broken gold, earrings and chains can give you all sorts of weird numbers. So the guys digging iffy numbers are usually the only ones who are ever gonna find those. Zinc penny numbers are your big class rings, gold coins, etc. Those of us who dig tons of zinc pennies are the ones who get rewarded here and there with big gold class rings;)

I have a 1853 gold US one dollar and it comes in at 12-06 everytime, all day long.

I have dug a few gold rings, they were 14-17.........12-24...........and last one was really bouncing because band was broke it was mostly in teens to low 20's

thanks boys

You guys are the best. I will start to dig everything in the low 20s until I find gold

Dig everything but iron, you'll find gold. If you start trying to avoid foil and pulltabs, then you are going to miss gold as well. The majority of the gold I've found has rung up as foil.

Last edited:
Dig everything in the 12 FE Range, fresh zinc penny and below. Gold can read all the way into the iron range depending on factors like what type jewelry it is and how deep. Broken gold, earrings and chains can give you all sorts of weird numbers. So the guys digging iffy numbers are usually the only ones who are ever gonna find those. Zinc penny numbers are your big class rings, gold coins, etc. Those of us who dig tons of zinc pennies are the ones who get rewarded here and there with big gold class rings;)

Yesterday on the ctx I dug a big gold ring that gave a 12-31, I thought it was going to be a crusty zinc

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Great answer! It will hit ALL over. No magic #'s for gold an ANY machine.

I have dug a 8 gram 24k .999 gold ring that hits a 12-48 !! I also dug some small 14k child's rings that are 12-01 to 12-02. So yes gold literally IDs all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom