New Garrett digger vs Lesche

Wichkans

I know that the Lesche is the Cadillac of the digging tools as the price confirms.
I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with Garretts new Lesche
knock-off, it looks very much like the Lesche at about the same price.

Thanks

Personally, I like the Gator. I had to sharpen the edges a bit, but it works great, has a lifetime guaranty and is narrower than the Lesche. When Kellyco has them on sale I think they are the best value out there

Thanks for the links dogpound. They pretty much settled the questions I had when I saw a photo of the Garret tool. My first impression was that the edges looked dull and the steel looked like a hand garden spade I've used that bends in rocky and rooted soil. I like Garret and don't understand why they would put out a subpar tool.

I'm actually using a Fiskars Prune and weed tool. Welds are a little ugly but it gets the job done and done well.. and it didn't hurt the wallet.

looks like this
images

cost about as much as a happy meal.

I'm actually using a Fiskars Prune and weed tool. Welds are a little ugly but it gets the job done and done well.. and it didn't hurt the wallet.

looks like this
images

O yeah but are the$1.99 on Tuesdays like a Happy Meal? I am going to guess not! ;)

looks like this
images

I use a fiskars also, works very well. Under 10.00 at home depot.

This is what I use, have had pretty good success with it so far, it has lasted a lot longer than other hand trowels I have used, and not a bad price on this either

Attachments

• amestool.jpg
    amestool.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,671
I haven't found the perfect digger yet. I bought an Ames like pictured previously and like it, for the serations being all the way to the point and it is deep enough that it scoops well. My Lesche starts easier because it has a point on the end and had the hilt for pushing with both hands. However, It has a shallower bend and doesn't scoop much.

I've looked at the Garrett because the blade is seratted to the point and it has the hilt. But it is serrated on the point on one side and the rest of the way up on the other. Think that is a bad idea.

looks like this
images

Same one I use...really like it and the price! :yes:

HH,
Dan

Ultimate digger

I have not touched my Lesche digger since I got my Lesche Mini Sampson, this is in my opinion the finest small digger on the planet. Small enough not to attract undue attention and big enough to cut a perfect deep flap to grab that deep coin.

Ace hardware has these fiskars tools.
I can not recommend them as I have 2 broken ones under my seat in my van.
Worst is that broken diggers ended my hunts early..
Just buy the lesche...

Broke 3 diggers from harbor freight before buying a $35 lesche on ebay, I love it, cuts plugs easily and as long as your not trying to pry up a boulder at 6 inches it wont bend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

The lamborghni of digging tools is the predator raptor model 31! I had the garrett digger and its not in the same planet

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom