Anyone ever heard of this?

I may be wrong but I think this is a Famous Trails machine. Again, I may be wrong but I believe that they are just relabeled Chinese imports. For the same money you can get a good entry level detector from Garrett or Tesoro. Stick with the well known manufactures and you will get a good machine for your money.

I wouldn't buy it. It says it detects metal up to 12". Maybe a car at that depth :-).

My wife bought me a Famous Trails machine and it did one thing for me: I got hooked on the hobby because of it. I replaced it as fast as possible with the Ace 250 and haven't looked back!

I think I'll pass on it. They claim great depth and all, but I'm not willing to be the guinnea pig.

These are sold under different labels (order a batch and they will call them anything you want) and sell here around $100 with digger/headphones etc.
Very little in ground depth and increase discrimination any and that falls away rapidly.
A new ploy is to provide an air test figure on a coin forgetting to mention what coin it is and we have copper coins that weigh 2 ozs.

Back
Top Bottom